Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#41supermax64Posted 11/30/2012 12:14:25 AM
I guarantee Microsoft and or Sony will go for some sort of new gimmick or copy Nintendo. I'm pretty sure if these consoles turn out to be the graphic powerhouses people want them to be, they'll cost a lot. I don't see how they could expect to sell lots of units to a mass market for a high price if the only difference is graphics (a difference which, at first at least, shouldn't be exceptionnally amazing).

Maybe I'm wrong though. Anyways, I could care less if people think Nintendo is "relevant" or not. If they keep releasing stellar first party titles I'll be happy.
#42MarioGalaxy2Posted 11/30/2012 12:19:22 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.

Except that the PS3 is a low selling console with like, eight good games.

The Wii has Kirby. And I'm sorry, no matter what your console has, it can't be better than the third greatest game series of all time.

That's not really fair to the PS3. I love my Wii, but all three consoles have a lot great titles. We were blessed with a lot of great platforms and games this generation. That I think we all take for granted sometimes.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#43TheFlamingCPosted 11/30/2012 12:20:58 AM
Well, that's the way it is these days. People are never satisfied or find more enjoyment in criticizing games they haven't even played.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#44wisemiddsPosted 11/30/2012 12:26:23 AM
evecharmeve posted...
Ok on motion controls

Resident Evil 4 was the best game ever, They added Motion controls to it, Then it became better.

End point

They also took the console Zelda franchise and ruined it (TP on GCN is an amazing experience compared to the Wii wagglefest). Then, 3D and motion control- yeah cause that's gona work great! Motion control has been responsible for loads duds (one gem does not justify it)
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#45oxnerdPosted 11/30/2012 12:29:46 AM
The kinect and ps move were gimmicks.
#46evecharmevePosted 11/30/2012 12:32:03 AM
wisemidds posted...
evecharmeve posted...
Ok on motion controls

Resident Evil 4 was the best game ever, They added Motion controls to it, Then it became better.

End point

They also took the console Zelda franchise and ruined it (TP on GCN is an amazing experience compared to the Wii wagglefest). Then, 3D and motion control- yeah cause that's gona work great! Motion control has been responsible for loads duds (one gem does not justify it)

Really, only reason xbox survived and went on to make the 360 and still be around today was called a gem named halo. Don't underestimate one Gem
---
NSMBU
Turning the Wii Ugame pad into The Death Note.
#47superbot400Posted 11/30/2012 12:32:40 AM
The rest are either absolute shovelware or games that are extremely gimped versions of what the HD consoles got.
ShovelWare/lack of HD does not "bad game"

The Wii had better Sonic Games before PS3/360 did until say Sonic Generation.

No More Heroes because a success that PS3 wanted to port it.

Just because you haven't played it doesn't mean that it's not good.
---
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.
#48superbot400Posted 11/30/2012 12:34:22 AM

Can't it just be games?

We are in a age people care more hardware specs, and then software quality of the gaming title.

So nah.

But Nintendo is already different from 360/ps3 due to gimmicks.
---
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.
#49MasterOfHuntersPosted 11/30/2012 12:34:44 AM
rudgerlight posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree with you. I'd rather they had just stuck with the remote this time because as you say, they only just started to implement it into games properly now.

You're forgetting that they have already stated to be sticking with the old wiimote and nun chuck combo for both the next Pikmin and the next Zelda. They aren't abandoning the remote at all. They just added a second screen which can really just sit on the side and function as a tv remote if you want it to.

Big reason I'll probably go with PS4. Wiimote is a disgusting piece of garbage. I hope Nintendo fails miserably.
#50DemonDog666Posted 11/30/2012 12:34:50 AM
MarioGalaxy2 posted...
Alot of those games are great not because it's sightly greater then shovelware, but because it's a great game.

An a lot of those games wouldn't fit on the PS3 because they were built for the Wii. Because they're different consoles built with different controls schemes in mind.

An who are you pulling out "you're a fanboy so your opinion is invalid or lesser to your own".

That's a really a cheap way to lessen someones opinion, you sir seem to be a ignoring opposite side opinion.

I can accept Wii is flawed, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it overall despite it flaws.

Does 6 count as alot? Because it has very few games good in their own right.

Lamest excuse I've heard in awhile "I'd ignore them on ps3 because they were built for wii and wouldn't work on ps3 despite ps3 having a motion controller more capable then wii's"

The list doesn't have many good games, you are a fanboy because you listed so many bad and mediocre games and called them good, you mixed up cause and effect.

I didn't say you can't enjoy it, just please don't pretend bad games are good.

Also don't think I'm saying this just because I prefer Sony (I prefer Sony because I think this cause and effect again but aside from my point) I'm not the only one who thinks so.

DarkAdonis123 posted...
Less than a third of that list is even worth mentioning. And I say this as a huge Wii supporter. The rest are either absolute shovelware or games that are extremely gimped versions of what the HD consoles got.

Oni_Taedo posted...
Except that the PS3 is a low selling console with like, eight good games.

The Wii has Kirby. And I'm sorry, no matter what your console has, it can't be better than the third greatest game series of all time.

You're a troll or a fanboy or just someone spouting bs because they don't like me, I only have two questions.

1. Do you believe most of the list the other guy gave for wii games was good?

2. What are the only 8 games you consider good on ps3?