Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#51godslayer61Posted 11/29/2012 11:35:03 PM
Helmsly2008 posted...
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree with you. I'd rather they had just stuck with the remote this time because as you say, they only just started to implement it into games properly now.

Me and most of my adult freinds never bought a wii becuase the remote felt and played like a childish toy any way for the first time in a while alot of adults i know are going to get one.The wii u love it its better then waving your hands around like a tard and the system not responding to half of the moves.Look at the wii liberary nearly all there games are bargin bin games that u can get for 5-10 new, also the only good triple a titles that were made by nintendo .With the wii u they already have 3 triple a titles and theres alot more on the way cause for the first time in a while the big devs are truly coming back to nintendo.So they have got me back as a fan and and as a gamer, now i can enjoy all 3 systems.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975
#52TheCelticArcherPosted 11/29/2012 11:36:07 PM
GoombaX posted...
honestly only a piss poor gamer would get one of the 3.

This gen I'm probably only gonna stick with Wii U and PC, maybe a PS4 when MGS5 or something comes out for it.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Borderlands 2 (360), The Walking Dead (PS3), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword & Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita).
#53TheFlamingCPosted 11/29/2012 11:37:24 PM
It depends on how it goes. The only Sony franchises I absolutely love are Ratchet & Clank, Sly, and LittleBigPlanet. I could go for just my Wii U and a PC if the trend continues.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#54MANTI5Posted 11/29/2012 11:38:45 PM
Doesn't matter, there won't be 3 consoles for long unless someone comes in to replace Sony. The world will do just fine with MS and Nintendo.
#55MasterOfHuntersPosted 11/29/2012 11:41:03 PM
JonnyBigBoss posted...
GoombaX posted...
honestly only a piss poor gamer would get one of the 3.

My top of the line gaming PC murders the PS3 and 360. But thanks for being naive.

My 3.5 year old PC without it's first upgrade murders both consoles.
#56Gage59Posted 11/29/2012 11:44:30 PM
Lol @ topic. shame on you nintendo..... for your record sales and lousy gimmicks? Lmao
---
Nintendo ID: Infinitybit_KZ
Currently playing: Call of duty Blops 2.
#57Golden MavenPosted 11/29/2012 11:44:30 PM
MANTI5 posted...
Doesn't matter, there won't be 3 consoles for long unless someone comes in to replace Sony. The world will do just fine with MS and Nintendo.

dang, all your posts are Sony doom and gloom. Get over it already.
#58TheFlamingCPosted 11/29/2012 11:46:02 PM
To be fair, people do have reason to worry about Sony Computer Entertainment's state right now. Unlike all the Nintendo doom crying.
---
#59RyuniPosted 11/30/2012 12:01:53 AM
You can't compare console specs with a PC. Games released on consoles are developed for those exact components which will make the games run smoother/better even if the specs are lower than a PC's.
#60TheFlamingCPosted 11/30/2012 12:03:32 AM
Most games sort of run like crap this generation, PC ports run significantly better on even older PC tech.
---