Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#71GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/30/2012 2:49:47 AM
Dynheart posted...
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2

Commenting on taste with this in your sig?

Do you go walking around on hunting grounds in a deer costume as well, and then get upset when you get shot?
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#72_LordAndSaviorPosted 11/30/2012 2:51:44 AM
ElGado2 posted...
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree 100% and I was a die hard Nintendo fan, until I saw the light and let myself buy other systems. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

I'm unfortunately in the same boat.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#73AgitoXIIIPosted 11/30/2012 2:54:47 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Dynheart posted...
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2

Commenting on taste with this in your sig?

Do you go walking around on hunting grounds in a deer costume as well, and then get upset when you get shot?

hate to sidetrack the topic but XIII-2 is a bad FF game.

but anyway....
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#74dasboosPosted 11/30/2012 2:59:31 AM
evecharmeve posted...
wisemidds posted...
evecharmeve posted...
Ok on motion controls

Resident Evil 4 was the best game ever, They added Motion controls to it, Then it became better.

End point

They also took the console Zelda franchise and ruined it (TP on GCN is an amazing experience compared to the Wii wagglefest). Then, 3D and motion control- yeah cause that's gona work great! Motion control has been responsible for loads duds (one gem does not justify it)

Really, only reason xbox survived and went on to make the 360 and still be around today was called a gem named halo. Don't underestimate one Gem

So one launch game was able to carry the console through it's whole lifetime and spawn the next generation too? Yeah right, halo was a big hit but it wasn't that big.
---
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
GT - stealth finger
#75MANTI5Posted 11/30/2012 3:02:25 AM
Halo was huge, it made the xbox. Don't try to rewrite history.
#76justin_mcPosted 11/30/2012 3:02:50 AM
MasterOfHunters posted...
rudgerlight posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree with you. I'd rather they had just stuck with the remote this time because as you say, they only just started to implement it into games properly now.

You're forgetting that they have already stated to be sticking with the old wiimote and nun chuck combo for both the next Pikmin and the next Zelda. They aren't abandoning the remote at all. They just added a second screen which can really just sit on the side and function as a tv remote if you want it to.

Big reason I'll probably go with PS4. Wiimote is a disgusting piece of garbage. I hope Nintendo fails miserably.

You and the TC are disgusting pieces of garbage. Anyone who would hope for failure of any company is the most pathetic type of person. That directly impacts other people in a negative manner. You, and others like you, are the worst kind of people.
#77Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/30/2012 3:08:36 AM
oxnerd posted...
The kinect and ps move were gimmicks.

Never was a selling point of the PS3/360 tho. Was additional if you wanted it for the select games that used it.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#78Yo_D_oYPosted 11/30/2012 3:24:18 AM(edited)
I've played every Zelda game except Skyward Sword for the fact that the controls do feel gimmicky. I don't like the motion stuff. Give me a real virtual helmet that has perfect graphics or just let me stick with a classic controller.

Lol @ topic. shame on you nintendo..... for your record sales and lousy gimmicks? Lmao

I find this ammusing. Just because some corporation or business made a lot of money doesn't make their system or their games any less gimmicky. Apple had record sales. Angry Birds as well. Oh and don't forget Doodle Jump. Do you think that just because they sold very well makes them any more or less gimmicky?
---
Currently playing: LoZ 3D, Ace Attorney, GS:DD
Waiting for: KH3D, Animal Crossing 3D, Zero Escape: VLR
#79blakenickPosted 11/30/2012 3:41:18 AM
I am a PC gamer. With that said motion controls are as gimmicky as VR headsets were. The thing is they are really inaccurate and you need to slow your movements to align to the needs of the console. Don't even get me started on how crappy Kinect was either.

The thing is using that control system to do something that is relevant to a game but also is something you could not do with a traditional control. The Motion Control is clearly designed for children, it involved big movements and inaccurate swipes, meaning that the games these controls apply to are often ridiculously easy. Good for children, and inexperienced parents, which is who the console is aimed at, being the "Family Console".

With the Wii U's tablet, they could likely make it relevant with heads up displays but it's not really worth it just for that. The thing basically makes your Wii U a Giant DS. It's not innovation, it's Nintendo copying something they've already done and taking it to a larger scale. They could just do some better quality DS ports and have tons of games that people would love. It's going to work because they've done it before and already know quite a few tricks to keep people entertained with their "new system" for a long time to come.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#80Dave521Posted 11/30/2012 4:30:47 AM
TheSmeg posted...
They also tried to say Prime 3 was a great game when clearly it, along with other M, ruined Metroid altogether. Metroid being my absolute favourite series for over 15 years took an awful sting with those 2 pieces of trash.

At least Prime 1 and 2 were fun to play, motion controls killed a fantastic trilogy. Why can Nintendo not accept that motion controls are alright, but that doesn't mean sticking it in every single game for no reason.

Really? The motion controls in Prime 3 were fine, save the parts where you had to push and pull stuff. But you were never in a situation where you had to do it quickly. Even the grapple worked fine.

Replaying the first two, while they're excellent games, made me realize just how blech the controls were on the Gamecube controller. Aiming is a pain in the ass when it shouldn't be.

There's a few things I could see people getting upset about Prime 3 about (shortish, linear, rushed final boss), but the controls would be waaaaaaaayyyyyyy down there.

I do agree on Other M though. Couldn't even finish it