does anyone else hope the graphics of the PS4 and nextbox reach photo-realism?

#1Big_IsaacPosted 11/30/2012 7:51:20 AM
so that goddamn graphics war can end when the WiiU-WiiU, PS5 and next-nextbox come out?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2CaioNVPosted 11/30/2012 8:02:03 AM
Hi Isaac.
Big_Isaac posted...
so that goddamn graphics war can end when the WiiU-WiiU, PS5 and next-nextbox come out?

http://www.funnydictionary.com/img/entry_images/900/vr7KUExgR8r.jpg
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#3HozamaPosted 11/30/2012 8:07:07 AM
It will never ever end, it just won't. People will always claim their system has greater detail then others. When games become virtural reality, they'll still be arguing over who's VR system allows you to lick the most realistic orc ass.
#4SS4_NamreppivPosted 11/30/2012 8:26:54 AM
True, the graphics debate will never end. People will always say one system has better graphics for one reason or another, be it better lighting, better shading, better framerate, better looking textures, whatever. Bottom line is, photo realistic graphics are nice, but not necessary. Not all games need them, look at Wind Waker, look at the Sly Cooper series, can you honestly say that they would benefit from being photo realistic? I don't think so.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#5Boon_McNougatPosted 11/30/2012 8:30:14 AM
I don't hope it because I like knowing that what I'm looking at won't traumatise me. If CoD for instance was photorealistic, boy, blowing off limbs would be disturbing. I still think there's another level to be reached, and MS and Sony will likely try to do that (I'm thinking more Sony than MS, as Kinect was a success and I can see MS going Nintendo's 'good enough for the majority' route), but it'll be very, very expensive. We don't even have photorealistic CGI films yet. Films like Polar Express and Mars Needs Moms are stuck in the Uncanny valley.

While I don't think playing a Photorealistic game would be good as escapism, nor do I think it's financially feasible, I think that we do need more and more powerful systems. I would just love it if we had true open sandbox games with realistic physics and thousands upon thousands of on-screen characters running silky smooth in 3D.
---
Sneed's Feed & Seed
(Formerly Chuck's)
#6Tweekin56Posted 11/30/2012 8:32:32 AM
Boon_McNougat posted...
I don't hope it because I like knowing that what I'm looking at won't traumatise me. If CoD for instance was photorealistic, boy, blowing off limbs would be disturbing. I still think there's another level to be reached, and MS and Sony will likely try to do that (I'm thinking more Sony than MS, as Kinect was a success and I can see MS going Nintendo's 'good enough for the majority' route), but it'll be very, very expensive. We don't even have photorealistic CGI films yet. Films like Polar Express and Mars Needs Moms are stuck in the Uncanny valley.

While I don't think playing a Photorealistic game would be good as escapism, nor do I think it's financially feasible, I think that we do need more and more powerful systems. I would just love it if we had true open sandbox games with realistic physics and thousands upon thousands of on-screen characters running silky smooth in 3D.

+1
---
Locke: Crazy people don't know they're crazy, they think they're getting saner.
#7Huey_Freeman216Posted 11/30/2012 8:42:01 AM
The farthest I hope for would be The Adventures of Tin Tin quality. Anything past that point would hit the "uncanny valley" and I, personally, don't believe that I would see much enjoyment from it. But, I hope the next gen definitely brings a new level of graphics to consoles.
---
::=::TheMac585::=::PSN_/:::\_XBL_::=::aka Mac585::=::
#8DarkShadowRagePosted 11/30/2012 8:44:25 AM
Crysis already reached photorealism back in 2007, it's been done.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#9DarkShadowRagePosted 11/30/2012 8:49:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7-hTVP9AE here you go TC
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/30/2012 8:50:20 AM
We are about 20 or more years away from anything photo realistic
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10