I'm going crazy....I still can't find a single Deluxe Wii U

#1keybladeXIIIPosted 11/30/2012 8:54:24 AM(edited)
It's been a week now of countless searching in multiple stores.
This whole week at college and work, it's been the only thing on my mind. I have literally not paid much attention to anything else.
Some employee at Best Buy told me they would get shipments on Wednesday or Friday, and he got my phone number and told me he'd call me......but he hasn't yet. I've spent at least 5 hours total over the past week on the phone calling these stores and being put on hold for 20+ mins, only to get the answer "nah we don't have any."
Every employee at these stores keep saying something different about when it's going to be available- the SAME Best Buy with the guy who got my number, told me on the phone that they might get some on Sunday night. Ridiculous. How do we go from Wednesday to Friday to Sunday night?
Another guy at Walmart said they won't be getting any until Christmas. CHRISTMAS.

Sigh. Sorry I just had to let that out. It's been a miserable experience. I've wanted this thing forever, and now's the perfect time for me to purchase one.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and a bunch of old systems.
#2wingo84Posted 11/30/2012 8:58:08 AM
It's launch day today in UK and where as I have not been into any stores... All online stores (GAME, Amazon etc) are fully in stock even though they were "sold out" a few days ago.

I'd say the stock will be replenished in your stores soon, US would get more stock than UK.
---
Playing Skyward Sword
Sponsor My Movember http://mobro.co/philwing
#3Rasputin77Posted 11/30/2012 8:58:09 AM
I'm sorry... please stay sane. =(

I have to ask... did you not make any efforts at launch? With tactical efforts, including phone calls and cross-referencing data with actual people (sorry aspergy-gen), it was near-impossible to NOT find one on launch morning. In my city, of course... I know I can't speak for your situation.
---
"Kids yammering on about "trolls" WAY more than actual troll posts made." - Wii U board, 11/18/12-12/2/12
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#4keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:00:57 AM
I'm sorry... please stay sane. =(

I have to ask... did you not make any efforts at launch? With tactical efforts, including phone calls and cross-referencing data with actual people (sorry aspergy-gen), it was near-impossible to NOT find one on launch morning. In my city, of course... I know I can't speak for your situation.

I was actually busy with the family and school around Black Friday, and had no time to try at launch. I regret it more than anything, but I had places to be. I've tried every tactic after launch though, with no success.
---
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and a bunch of old systems.
#5RetroFanGirlPosted 11/30/2012 9:04:36 AM
Why buy a deluxe?
---
Only Nintendo makes good games.
Playing Final Fantasy XII
#6keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:07:02 AM
Why buy a deluxe?

I like black, I don't want to spend an extra 60 bucks on Nintendoland, and I want that discount service thing since I download digitally a lot.
---
#7RetroFanGirlPosted 11/30/2012 9:09:06 AM
Oh okay, just as long as it isn't for the memory lol
---
Only Nintendo makes good games.
Playing Final Fantasy XII
#8keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:11:18 AM
Oh okay, just as long as it isn't for the memory lol

Yeah, I already have a Toshiba flash drive for this thing that's just waiting to be filled up lol.
---
#9GM_Posted 11/30/2012 9:11:53 AM
Just buy a basic. Does saving 10% make or break? Really?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10keybladeXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:14:13 AM
Just buy a basic. Does saving 10% make or break? Really?

It doesn't really, but I know that if I buy a basic and once the deluxes start getting easier to find, I will have extreme buyer's remorse.
It's just how I am.
---