if the world ends next month. nintendo wins

#31CrimsonGear80Posted 11/30/2012 3:07:31 PM
Did the Mayans say if the world will end and/or Xenu will return in Eastern or Pacific time?

also, if they can predict such things, why didn't they see Cortez coming?
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#32FoppePosted 11/30/2012 3:08:50 PM
If the world ends next month...
Then I wont live to hear all the whining about why people are still alive.
It would be worth it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#33zender1999Posted 11/30/2012 3:09:40 PM
they didnt see cortez coming because they didnt know the world was round and there were spanish europe and so on
#34blazeUP12Posted 11/30/2012 4:53:15 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
blazeUP12 posted...
Akaimizu posted...
And as the article states, many experts and even the people who live in the exact location say, "It marks the new era in their calendar, not the end. We're supposed to start the next Cycle, by their calendar."

So by the Mayan Calendar, the Xbox and PS systems will be the first Next Cycle gaming machines. Wonder if they'll put that spin on it.

You completely missed the most important detail:

"But archaeologists and Maya experts say the prophecy predicts the return to Earth of a powerful god and the start of a new era, not a global catastrophe."

Alien disclosure anyone? Personally I think it's about time.

You do realize the Mayans didn't have a concept of leap years? The world should have ended about 3 months ago.

Lol do you know what you're talking about? Why would it end 3 months ago? 12/21 is significant to the Maya because it's this year's Winter Solstice, which is the shortest day of the northern hemisphere, longest day of the southern.

This particular year's solstice also marks the end of their long count calendar and the supposed return of a god to Earth. The Mayans use their own calendar to measure time. The date they're anticipating just so happens to be OUR 12/21/12.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#35CrimsonGear80Posted 11/30/2012 5:17:29 PM
^that makes zero sense dude.

How about you answer my question then: is the timing of the new god eastern or pacific time?
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#36bob123126Posted 11/30/2012 5:37:13 PM
If the world ends then how will nintendo win? We'd all be dead... right?
---
Just remember love is life, and hate is living death
Treat your life for what it's worth, And live for every breath
#37blazeUP12Posted 11/30/2012 7:58:59 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
^that makes zero sense dude.

How about you answer my question then: is the timing of the new god eastern or pacific time?

What's so hard to understand? I'm just trying to point out that this particular date has cosmic significance and is nothing like the y2k scare which was computer based. 1/1/00 had no cosmic significance at all. The Mayans don't care about our calendar system; their much older calendar system is based on planetary cycles. Solstices like the one coming up are their mark points, NOT New Year's Day every January.

A lot of people think that 12/21/12 is just some random date based on calculations. Like the other poster who said the correct date was supposed to be 3 months ago, or they didn't count leap years, etc. They don't understand that 12/21/12 actually has cosmic significance being the Winter Solstice.

& to answer your question, the exact time of the event seems to be 12/21/12 11:11 GMT.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#38Shinobi120Posted 11/30/2012 8:18:26 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Bottom line: Nintendo ALWAYS wins.

Not with N64, Gamecube, & Virtual Boy.
#39TiamatKillerPosted 11/30/2012 8:21:08 PM
I don't even care, but I'm genuinely curious to know how you view Nintendo as 'winning' when they have a lackluster launch lineup (like all launches do) and a bevy of problems that came with the launch, one of which is the still below-par online?

Next month doesn't give Nintendo near enough time to fix either of the problems.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#40ajko000Posted 11/30/2012 8:26:34 PM
"MetalGearNaruto"

I laughed so hard I forgot what I was going to post.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.