Fun fact, no one gave a damn about the speeds of the CPU and GPU before this.

#31thundercat2600Posted 11/30/2012 11:24:37 AM
Bufkus posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

If you're expecting the next gen Sony/MS consoles to be only a small jump, you are lying to yourself.

If you're expecting them to be a big leap based on the length of time that has passed, you are lying to yourself or you don't understand how technology works.

There is no way Sony and MS can release super powerful consoles that outperform the latest PC technology without selling it at a massive loss and also charging $600+. Nobody will buy the consoles at that pricepoint, we already saw what the first 1-2 years of those systems looked like.

We are still in a global recession that won't end within the next 4-5 years. Sony and MS are not stupid. They will gimp their next systems to be still more powerful than the WiiU but no more powerful than a mid range PC. They will attempt to offer more gimmicks and more tv integration in an attempt to offer something that a consumer would choose over a tablet or smartphone.

Next-gen consoles don't have to "outperform the latest PC technology" in order to be a huge leap over current gen. Even a mid-range CPU/GPU along with 4GB of RAM would be a huge leap over the 360/PS3. You seem to have no clue just how much technology has advanced since 2005. Even smartphones/tablets are close to surpassing the old HD twins.

Also, please learn the definition of "recession".
#32ChargrilledPosted 11/30/2012 11:40:12 AM
Azure_lKite posted...
The_King82 posted...
Yes they did.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#33Master XPosted 11/30/2012 11:50:21 AM
I'll be labelled a fanboy here, but I don't give a flying fig about cpu/gpu. The only reason non-hd bothered be last gen was because I'd just upgraded to a HD TV and no longer had access to a SD TV (or to even buy one...) and Wii upscaling is pretty game-offputting dreadful. As long as it has the games i can't get elsewhere (Nintendo 1st party) it'll always be the number one port of call in gaming for me.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X"For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question. "
#34VampiricDragon_Posted 11/30/2012 11:52:53 AM
Its hilarous, the speed is lower, but the cpu and gpu and ram are all far superior, people read what they want to read
#35AndehPandyPosted 11/30/2012 11:55:53 AM
Azure_lKite posted...
The_King82 posted...
Yes they did.

---
NNID: InstantPuddin
#36thundercat2600Posted 11/30/2012 11:59:21 AM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
Its hilarous, the speed is lower, but the cpu and gpu and ram are all far superior, people read what they want to read

EVERYTHING we've learned so far about WiiU's CPU indicates that it's weaker than 360 and PS3's CPUs. It's hilarious seeing fanboys deny obvious reality. People read what they want to read.
#37DlaisPosted 11/30/2012 12:08:46 PM
the difference is that the gap between the wii and ps3/xbox360 wasn't nearly as massive as the gap between the wiiU and the ps4/xbox720 is going to be.
#38ADHDguitarPosted 11/30/2012 12:12:30 PM
Blast processing.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#39blakbird13Posted 11/30/2012 12:13:25 PM
Kitt Thrust posted...
I guess you're to young to remember past system launches tc because people did care. It's been like this since the Atari versus Intellivision days.

It used to be about bits 32 or 16 and 32 had to be better because it was twice the amount of 16...
---
I want a Champions of Norrath HD collection...
#40SeraphLancePosted 11/30/2012 12:28:54 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Blast processing.

Damn, beat me to it.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.