Fun fact, no one gave a damn about the speeds of the CPU and GPU before this.

#71Crimson681Posted 11/30/2012 2:41:41 PM
Nintendo has failed repeatedly since the SNES. I'll never buy another Nintendo system again. And I haven't since the SNES.
#72WalkiethrougiePosted 11/30/2012 2:48:38 PM
More than 50% of all console sales are from parents who don't really give a flying pancake.
---
Sony and Microsoft fight over who's boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them. :) -Walkiethroughie
#73Hi CPosted 11/30/2012 2:49:35 PM
It's coming up to 2013 and you're a brand new console with a GPU with the clock speed, fill rate, and memory bandwidth of a entry level PC GPU from 2008. Wii-U how do you plea?
---
You'll be my John G.
#74Anema1986Posted 11/30/2012 2:56:58 PM
only trolls and fanboys care about that since the 16 bit era
---
The only time where a bible is useful is in a castlevania game
#75GM_Posted 11/30/2012 3:03:14 PM
Quote:It's coming up to 2013 and you're a brand new console with a GPU with the clock speed, fill rate, and memory bandwidth of a entry level PC GPU from 2008. Wii-U how do you plea?
@Hi C

You act as if Sony and MS will be that much different.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#76godplaysSNESPosted 11/30/2012 3:13:58 PM(edited)
GM_ posted...
Quote:It's coming up to 2013 and you're a brand new console with a GPU with the clock speed, fill rate, and memory bandwidth of a entry level PC GPU from 2008. Wii-U how do you plea?
@Hi C

You act as if Sony and MS will be that much different.

Sony/MS can easily build a much better system without it costing much more...You can already get very far with off-the-shelf PC components
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#77Stefan1277Posted 11/30/2012 3:15:45 PM
A serial killer isn't half as anal as nerds when it comes to specs.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#78SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/30/2012 3:18:18 PM
ElGado2 posted...
People cared about 16 bit for God's sake. What a stupid false fact.

That's because it was marketed to them that way. They people playing most didn't even know what a "bit" was.

I never heard anyone go "Oh man the Master System is coming out it's CPU is 3.57 MHz!! Totally blows the NES' 1.79 MHz out of the water!!"
#79PigfartsPosted 11/30/2012 3:22:06 PM
donkeypunch1116 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...
Now when the Wii U releases, everyone is all about the CPU speeds and the power of the GPU, but before not one person actually gave a damn.

Fun fact, b/c no other system ever came out with a CPU slower then the current 7 year old systems.

Again, the CPU isnt the key factor in this console, hence why they went the route that they did with the GPU.

I get tired of explaining this :/

Maybe to you it doesn't matter, but to game makers who are stating its causing a bottleneck, i guess it matters. Its like me buying a top of the line graphics card to throw into my 2001 dual core computer. The games will still run like crap.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#80donkeypunch1116Posted 11/30/2012 3:44:53 PM
Pigfarts posted...
donkeypunch1116 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...
Now when the Wii U releases, everyone is all about the CPU speeds and the power of the GPU, but before not one person actually gave a damn.

Fun fact, b/c no other system ever came out with a CPU slower then the current 7 year old systems.

Again, the CPU isnt the key factor in this console, hence why they went the route that they did with the GPU.

I get tired of explaining this :/

Maybe to you it doesn't matter, but to game makers who are stating its causing a bottleneck, i guess it matters. Its like me buying a top of the line graphics card to throw into my 2001 dual core computer. The games will still run like crap.

Well, once devs actually start to use the GPU as intended, as opposed to the current old school way of throwing all of the tasks at the CPU, then they shouldn't have many issues.

Now on the flip side of the coin, will the Wii U be able to go exactly toe to toe with the 720/ps4? Probably not, but the gap shouldn't be as nearly as wide as the Wii to 360/PS4 was.

All in all, it seems like Nintendo made some good decisions here, ensuring that the U can hold its own, and I'm personally tired of seeing them being bashed for it.
---
-
"MAJOR MEDICAL BOOOOOYYYY!!!!"