Fun fact, no one gave a damn about the speeds of the CPU and GPU before this.

#81qwertyMrJINXPosted 11/30/2012 4:46:12 PM
Really? I seem to recall that PC gamers never shut the **** up about it.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#82Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/30/2012 5:45:48 PM
Ryan Si posted...
...and we have another Gamecube ladies and Gentlemen. Decent enough hardware, but still can't compete with Sony (or Microsoft for that matter) when it comes to third-party games or older (let's say mid 20s and up) gamers.

Not to mention the forthcoming systems from Sony and Microsoft will be more powerful than Wii U in probably every sense. They won't compete with PCs (it's not a realistic cost-friendly achievement), but Wii U games will look inferior.

And yet...PS3/Xbox 360 games were generally inferior to PS2, Gamecube, and Wii games. So maybe the real solution here is to compare the Wii U to quality systems like the 12-year old PlayStation 2, instead of those High Definition paperweights.
#83GM_Posted 11/30/2012 6:12:06 PM
Quote:Really? I seem to recall that PC gamers never shut the **** up about it.
@qwertyMrJINX

Not really. If you buy a ******y Nvidia GT 620 and complain that it doesn't play games then that's your own fault for not doing research. Technology has advanced so much since the consoles launched that its cheaper than ever to get into PC gaming right now.

i5-2500k and a GTX 660

You're set for years with that combo
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#84StealthlysPosted 11/30/2012 6:19:53 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Stealthlys posted...
lol console specs. Pc gaming>consoles. Srsly everyone who does give a damn about specs so much these days, you might as well have a top end gaming pc. With a 10,000 dollar phase cool unit, an Alienware case, because alienware cases are bad ***. With Dual 7850s, 16 core cpu, with 4.20ghz.

you sound quite naive when talking about computer components, I suggest you never do it again.

That and he has no idea what he's talking about lol Where's he getting retail 16 core CPU's(REAL cores not hyper threaded)? Unless he's using a dual CPU board and two xeon processors which you can't overclock if I remember correctly lol. That and he then goes on to use 7850's as his GPU example? lol then a 10,000 dollar cooler? ya that's some awesome balanced system there ;p

lol gamefaqs, where over exaggerated posts can be taken srsly. 10k cooler, also Alienware cases are BA. But anyway Dual 7850s, 16 core cpu blah blah left out PSU MB everything because i was too lazy to over exaggerate more. But yea, get a 1200k dual rail PSU, petabyte HDD. Then go call up Asus or some **** for a custom made exclusive MB. I'm just saying if people care about specs so much they should just get a pc.
#85Woozle_WuzzlePosted 11/30/2012 6:20:49 PM
DarkShadowRage posted...
Now when the Wii U releases, everyone is all about the CPU speeds and the power of the GPU, but before not one person actually gave a damn.

Cry more fanboy.
#86GM_Posted 11/30/2012 7:34:38 PM
Quote:Devil_wings00 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Stealthlys posted...
lol console specs. Pc gaming>consoles. Srsly everyone who does give a damn about specs so much these days, you might as well have a top end gaming pc. With a 10,000 dollar phase cool unit, an Alienware case, because alienware cases are bad ***. With Dual 7850s, 16 core cpu, with 4.20ghz.

you sound quite naive when talking about computer components, I suggest you never do it again.

That and he has no idea what he's talking about lol Where's he getting retail 16 core CPU's(REAL cores not hyper threaded)? Unless he's using a dual CPU board and two xeon processors which you can't overclock if I remember correctly lol. That and he then goes on to use 7850's as his GPU example? lol then a 10,000 dollar cooler? ya that's some awesome balanced system there ;p

lol gamefaqs, where over exaggerated posts can be taken srsly. 10k cooler, also Alienware cases are BA. But anyway Dual 7850s, 16 core cpu blah blah left out PSU MB everything because i was too lazy to over exaggerate more. But yea, get a 1200k dual rail PSU, petabyte HDD. Then go call up Asus or some **** for a custom made exclusive MB. I'm just saying if people care about specs so much they should just get a pc.

@Stealthlys

Which I did. I buy all multi-plats on PC and console exclusives on consoles. Well and games like CoD as well which used to belong on the PC.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#87ElectricMolePosted 11/30/2012 9:17:51 PM
DarkShadowRage posted...
Now when the Wii U releases, everyone is all about the CPU speeds and the power of the GPU, but before not one person actually gave a damn.

Because there were no games to experience the effects of such hardware components. why would people complain beforehand. that would make no sense at all.

we're not psychic. lol
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!