Anyone else afraid Miyamoto is going to mess up Retro Studios game at SS levels?

#11Solid_SOAPPosted 11/30/2012 12:57:34 PM
COlimar788 posted...
Solid_SOAP posted...
Miyamoto seems very protective of the Mario series, but nothing else. He seemed to let them do whatever they wanted with the Prime and DK games they made, I doubt he'll hold them back because the games they made were very successful.

He's the reason DKCR had a oddly-generic villain group instead of the Kremlings, so...

Good, make more new enemies as opposed to rehash old ones, I say. They were hardly generic too, they were brilliantly animated with each one having a lot of charm and character.
#12GM_Posted 11/30/2012 12:57:42 PM
Quote:LordBowser posted...
What? I personally didn't buy Sticker Star because I'm wary of it, but the reviews are that it's a great game. Are you crazy?

Do you read reviews? Each Paper Mario game has reviewed worse than the preceding one, and Sticker Star is rated a whole 8 points below SPM, according to Metacritic

Paper Mario - 93
TTYD - 87
SPM - 85
SS - 77

@wobbuffet10

Lol Metacritic
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#13LordBowserPosted 11/30/2012 1:03:20 PM(edited)
Hitagi posted...
COlimar788 posted...
He's the reason DKCR had a oddly-generic villain group instead of the Kremlings, so...

I believe he's also the one who pushed for remixes instead of original music.

Miyamoto is a hack that needs to be put out to pasture ASAP.

Without Miyamoto we wouldn't even have Nintendo anywhere near as successful as it is today, if even at all, and we possibly wouldn't even have video games in the US at all. So please kindly cut the bull **** about Miyamoto.

I mean listen to this s*** coming out of your brain. One of the greatest game designers to ever live needs to be fired because of his choice for music in a revitalized game not being perfectly suited to your liking?

If you're going to bash Miyamoto them come up with something better than this utter horse **** please, thank you. DKCR is the best in the series, and I don't say that lightly (it was a really close call with DKC2, and every one in the series was amazing), so apparently whatever Miyamoto did worked great and I support it.

And seriously, can we cut the crap about the Kremlings already? It's like I'll never hear the end of the whining about that. Yes, we all like Kremlings more, but the world doesn't revolve around them. The tikis were not terrible. They were fine. I mean this with all due respect when I say, get over it already.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#14HitagiPosted 11/30/2012 1:03:46 PM
LordBowser posted...
Without Miyamoto we wouldn't even have Nintendo, possibly even video games at all in the US. So please kindly cut the bull **** about Miyamoto.

I mean listen to this s*** coming out of your brain. The greatest game designer to ever live needs to be fired because of his choice for music in a revitalized game not being perfectly suited to your liking?

If you're going to bash Miyamoto them come up with something better than this utter horse **** please, thank you. DKCR is the best in the series, and I don't say that lightly (it was a really close call with DKC2, and every one in the series was amazing), so apparently whatever Miyamoto did worked great and I support it.

And seriously, can we cut the crap about the Kremlings already? It's like I'll never hear the end of the whining about that. Yes, we all like Kremlings more, but the world doesn't revolve around them. The tikis were not terrible. They were fine. I mean this with all due respect when I say, get over it already.

lol, so wrong

Miyamoto is nothing but a poster boy. Yokoi Gunpei was the real genius behind Nintendo's early years.
#15CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:05:32 PM(edited)
LordBowser posted...

All Hail the great god Miyamoto!.
#16LordBowserPosted 11/30/2012 1:19:22 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
LordBowser posted...

All Hail the great god Miyamoto!.

Just confirming what I already knew, you're an ignorant bad troll, who plays his terrible hand way too early.

If I had to guess, you weren't even alive during the NES or SNES days. Probably didn't really start gaming during the N64 days either. Right?

If you were to ask me if I were a fan of Miyamoto, I'd say yes. The man who single-handedly revitalized gaming and brought the NES to our shores? Who made Super Mario Bros.? Who made Legend of Zelda? Hell yes. I grew up with the outstanding games he designed, and if he's helping Retro Studios, then I'm sure as hell supporting him.

Am I a fanboy? No, and I can't think of a single other person in the gaming industry I genuinely respect as much as I respect this man. I'm not a fanboy, I have a genuine appreciation of what he has done for gaming, an insight you severely lack

I think that it's laughable the things that people try to bash Miyamoto with. Seriously, this topic is the biggest joke I've ever seen about him. He should be fired because you don't like the ****ing music? Are you seriously that big of a nerd?

You're just another loser who thinks they are something special, but in the end, you're just another pitifully bad troll. Next.

And by the way, don't get excited thinking I posted this merely to respond to your awful trolling, you gave me the opportunity to post my thoughts, and for that, I thank you.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#17wobbuffet10Posted 11/30/2012 1:42:57 PM
For the record, I really like PMSS, I was just pointing out to the guy who said it got great reviews that on the whole, he's wrong.
---
backloggery.com/melatonin
soundcloud.com/z-plan
#18CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:45:13 PM
LordBowser posted...

Smite the nonbeliever!
#19Banjo2553Posted 11/30/2012 1:59:44 PM
Miyamoto also gave Retro the idea to use first-person for Metroid Prime, and subsequently, the different visors.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz