Sony & Microsoft's response to Wii U

#101MANTI5Posted 12/1/2012 2:29:44 PM
Marcan via twitter: "If you want more evidence that MHz isn't everything, a little birdie points out that Durango (Xbox 720) is specc'ed to have a 1.6GHz CPU."
#102DTY3Posted 12/1/2012 2:45:34 PM
Those look awful.

Jesus at least Nintendo didn't completely jump the shark.
That Kinect thing is not how I want games to evolve.
The PS Move thing is just lol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#103DarkFoxVPosted 12/1/2012 2:46:56 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
blazeUP12 posted...
Sony is developing a Dual Shock/PS Move hybrid:

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-patents-dualshock-move-hybrid-that-breaks-in-two-239576.phtml

Microsoft is developing a full room hologram projector, extension of Kinect:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/09/microsoft-patent-shows-holodeck-style-full-room-immersive-display/

Should Nintendo be worried?

I dont think that the response to wii u. Its just some random R&d.

I think that sony and microsoft are laughing a lot about nintendo. They probably did more money with software sales on their ps3/360 than nintendo did with the wii hardware, and the trend seems going that way for the new generations.

The Wii sold at a profit gain, meaning Nintendo suffered no losses and it was the highest selling console on the market with over 90 million units sold.

MS sold the 360 at a profit loss and while they did well with it. They didn't make as much as Nintendo.

And Sony is over $150+ billion (half of what the company is worth) in debt due to losing on nearly all of it's fronts against tough competitors such as Samsung, Microsoft and Apple, and are still selling the PS3 at a loss even now.

MS is fine, Nintendo did very well (so well that there was no excuse for the WiiU being under powered beyond their dislike for selling at a loss) Sony is not in a laughing mood right now, especially Kaz (the current CEO). Though the PS3 is still selling well with over 63 million units. They are not gaining enough of a profit on it to break even.
---
"Legends never die"
#104blazeUP12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:58:42 PM
MANTI5 posted...
Marcan via twitter: "If you want more evidence that MHz isn't everything, a little birdie points out that Durango (Xbox 720) is specc'ed to have a 1.6GHz CPU."

Makes sense to have a more conservative approach. Sony followed the PS3 with the Vita and threw in everything but the kitchen sink. People still don't bite. I don't think Sony will make the same mistake with the PS4. Focusing on a different style controller seems the safe way to go.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#105shaunmePosted 12/1/2012 3:00:13 PM
Sony & Microsoft's response to Wii U: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#106MANTI5Posted 12/1/2012 3:02:42 PM
blazeUP12 posted...
MANTI5 posted...

Makes sense to have a more conservative approach. Sony followed the PS3 with the Vita and threw in everything but the kitchen sink. People still don't bite. I don't think Sony will make the same mistake with the PS4. Focusing on a different style controller seems the safe way to go.

The more info comes out the more likely this seems true. Many have been saying this gen won't see a huge jump in graphics or power. Out of all 3 MS is the only one I could see going all out, Sony can't afford it, and it's just not Nintendo's way.