Sony & Microsoft's response to Wii U

#51CrystalKing5426Posted 11/30/2012 3:15:01 PM
zender1999 posted...
best thing for sony to do is to keep the pa3 around for some ti e, drop the price and rcoup some money, then i. 3 or 4 years come out with a new console, rigth now they cant afford to launch a new console and support it with good games and advertising, when also they have to worry avout the vita and the ps3

That's not a bad strategy for Sony. A third of the PS1 and PS2's lifetime sales were after their successors were released.
#52Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 3:18:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/30/2012 3:21:16 PM
Hitagi posted...
Sony & Microsoft's response to Wii U: LOL

Give them some credit, neither (even Sony) is a big enough idiot to underestimate Nintendo again.

Underestimate? Yes because the Wii sure did hamper the Ps3/360 didn't it. It's not like MS sold almost 3x as many 360's as the original Xbox.

If anything, the wii helped PS3/360. IT wasn't even a console in direct competition. If wii didn't exist, No way i nhell PS3/360 would be able to try to attain those markets.

Sony haven't and will never be worried about Nintendo in the console business. They've been buttstomped ever since PS1. Handheld on the other hand...yeah.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/euz7x7atd/yurilowell.png
#54zender1999Posted 11/30/2012 3:21:51 PM
if only sony had put more ram in the ps3 delaying the ps4 would have been a lot easier but i think now they have no choice but to wait a few years before coming out with the ps4, they cant afford a rushed console and then a long gaming drought like the vita had they must be patient, squeeze the most out if the ps3, improve psn, save some money and then release ps4
#55PoweranimalsPosted 11/30/2012 3:26:25 PM
The holographic thing sounds way too good to be true. I bet it's either not as good as it sounds or doesn't come together in time.
#56Rennik RepotsirPosted 11/30/2012 3:26:28 PM
I kind of like MSs idea; but I see a lot of problems. One main concern is applying this to an open floor plan. Not to mention windows, doors and furniture.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#57IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/30/2012 3:27:54 PM
Hitagi posted...

Give them some credit, neither (even Sony) is a big enough idiot to underestimate Nintendo again.

Underestimate? Yes because the Wii sure did hamper the Ps3/360 didn't it. It's not like MS sold almost 3x as many 360's as the original Xbox.

If anything, the wii helped PS3/360. IT wasn't even a console in direct competition. If wii didn't exist, No way i nhell PS3/360 would be able to try to attain those markets.

Sony haven't and will never be worried about Nintendo in the console business. They've been buttstomped ever since PS1. Handheld on the other hand...yeah.

Shh, let them pretend that Nintendo is the leader in the console market when they haven't been since the SNES.
#58squatch22Posted 11/30/2012 3:32:55 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
<Shh, let them pretend that Nintendo is the leader in the console market when they haven't been since the SNES.

lol.

Because the Wii didnt lead last gen?
Because PS3 hasnt sold well over FIFTY million less than the PS2 has?
Because Nintendo wasnt the only console maker to actually make money last gen?
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#59zender1999Posted 11/30/2012 3:34:05 PM
nintendo is the leader in the console market, console sales and games overall sales this gen put nintendo on top by a lot, the numbers are out there and easy to check, top 20 game sales last gen...u guess it..mostly nintendo
#60bleedingelitePosted 11/30/2012 3:37:19 PM
ElGado2 posted...
CrystalKing5426 posted...
ElGado2 posted...
Hitagi posted...

This. Nintendo is literally digging their own grave.

Learn the proper use of the word "Literal"

I was putting added emphasis on the fact that they are making horrendous business decisions.

Yeah, but stop it. Take any sentence that you want to insert the word "literally" into, and then remove that word. The sentence is better and more concise without it.

The compulsion to use the word "literally" rises from the idea that you don't expect people to take what you say seriously. It's a bad habit.

Also, The Wii U is pretty amazing.