IGN isn't biased, IGN UK on the other hand...

#1BumperCatsPosted 11/30/2012 2:40:24 PM
Also not biased- but I find I often disagree with them a LOT more than the USA crew.
#2StealthlysPosted 11/30/2012 2:41:14 PM
Okay.
#3Geminia999Posted 11/30/2012 2:42:46 PM
Examples?
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#4BumperCats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:49:48 PM(edited)
The most recent example is in their Launch Line-up video from just today where they were going through a few of the launch games, they said Mario is boring and not worth it in single player but comes alive in multiplayer. To me, that shows that none of IGN UK's Nintendo people know how to play a Mario game properly. Any of the Mario games will probably be boring if all you do is run to the goal. Multiplayer, while fun, is probably the LAST way you'd want to play Mario if you're actually trying to explore and find everything.
#5TrueBlue91Posted 11/30/2012 2:52:28 PM
BumperCats posted...
The most recent example is in their Launch Line-up video from just today where they were going through a few of the launch games, they said Mario is boring and not worth it in single player but comes alive in multiplayer. To me, that shows that none of IGN UK's Nintendo people know how to play a Mario game properly. Any of the Mario games will probably be boring if all you do is run to the goal. Multiplayer, while fun, is probably the LAST way you'd want to play Mario if you're actually trying to explore and find everything.

No, their opinion differed and they found the same-old single player experience boring, but the multiplayer fun.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6BumperCats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:54:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/30/2012 2:55:47 PM
BumperCats posted...
The most recent example is in their Launch Line-up video from just today where they were going through a few of to the launch games, they said Mario is boring and not worth it in single player but comes alive in multiplayer. To me, that shows that none of IGN UK's Nintendo people know how to play a Mario game properly. Any of the Mario games will probably be boring if all you do is run to the goal. Multiplayer, while fun, is probably the LAST way you'd want to play Mario if you're actually trying to explore and find everything.

True, multiplayer is fun, but chaotic. Don't expect to do anything useful when on it. When in singleplayer, you can explore, get Star Coins, and Speedrun.

But it is the Reviewers opinion. So don't take it to heart.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx (The Wonderful 101 Board needs more people)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#8Pereb27Posted 11/30/2012 2:58:58 PM
IGN isn't biased, it's corrupted.
#9BumperCats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:59:29 PM(edited)
There were other, older examples that I can't quite remember. Again, I'm not saying they're bias, just that we don't seem to come to the same conclusions. I actually do tend to agree with the IGN US team most of the time. It's good to have such a well rounded staff with varying opinions. All I'm saying is, the UK bunch seem off to me.
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 11/30/2012 3:09:41 PM
BumperCats posted...

I'd say that's fair enough. Mario, especially the NSMB games are proper boring in single player. At least they become a bit more fun with a friend or two.

But then again, I'm from the UK...
---
GT: McPoo