Anybody else already own any or all GC games they could put on the VC?

#1flipmode_1Posted 11/30/2012 3:52:40 PM
That YOU want I mean. I think it was like January of 09 or 08 when I got my GC. Not my first but for some reason I decided to get an old GC for 20 bucks instead of a wii because none of the wii games really interested me at the time. Come two months later and I bought a wii because I then wanted to play all the sequels to my GC games.

GC got thrown in the closet but I still went and bought all the GC games I grew up with or missed out on. Now the Wii U is out and they will be releasing GC games for download. Sure, it would be nice to not have to have both consoles hooked up to my TV(especially since I don't have any more HDMI or component slot available), but I really don't want to rebuy all the games. Just way too much money. I didn't even spend $15 a piece on these and they were practically new. They just didn't have the plastic wrapping.

Who else is in the same boat? Are you going to be rebuying all of your GC games? Maybe just a few favorites?
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III
#2LordBowserPosted 11/30/2012 3:54:08 PM
I don't see any point in rebuying them. I never got Kirby's Air Ride and I'm sure there are some other good ones I missed. I also may have lost my Wind Waker game, if so I'll buy that also.

Oh yeah, and Wario World. I always regret not buying that one.

Besides that, I can't think of any first party games I missed.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#3AC3loverPosted 11/30/2012 3:55:20 PM
They'd better have Metroid Prime 1-2, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Zelda: Wind Waker on there. O_O
#4IChangedMyNamePosted 11/30/2012 4:01:20 PM
AC3lover posted...
They'd better have Metroid Prime 1-2, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Zelda: Wind Waker on there. O_O

I'd have to agree with this, and I'd add PSO 1&2 Plus just because, don't need online, lemme farm for my Elysion and have co-op fun again!
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#5_Shikoba_Posted 11/30/2012 4:02:30 PM
I missed out on Wind Waker so I'd like to see that one available.

And PSO is always good.
---
Nintendo Network: Shikoba
3DS: 3909-7542-9022
#6flipmode_1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:04:25 PM
I can't think of any games I missed out on that I didn't already buy but if they come out with something good I don't have I'd probably jump on it. Do the GC games work with the pro controller?
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III
#7LordBowserPosted 11/30/2012 4:04:52 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
AC3lover posted...

I'd have to agree with this, and I'd add PSO 1&2 Plus just because, don't need online, lemme farm for my Elysion and have co-op fun again!

PSO would be amazing, but it wouldn't be PS*O* without online.

There isn't a chance in the world that Sega would release PSO on the virtual console though. If they did, you'd be paying a subscription with no moderation on a game with no updates, and Sega would be laughing at you. Basically, no matter what, you wouldn't win. I really don't like modern Sega. So yeah, don't count on it.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#8abigexplosionPosted 11/30/2012 4:05:36 PM
I only have like 12 gamecube games. Most of them I think would likely be on the VC when it comes out.

For the most part, I'll get ones I missed out on, but if the price is right I might slowly re-download them on the Wii U.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#9IChangedMyNamePosted 11/30/2012 4:10:41 PM(edited)
LordBowser posted...
PSO would be amazing, but it wouldn't be PS*O* without online.

There isn't a chance in the world that Sega would release PSO on the virtual console though. If they did, you'd be paying a subscription with no moderation on a game with no updates, and Sega would be laughing at you. Basically, no matter what, you wouldn't win. I really don't like modern Sega. So yeah, don't count on it.

Doesn't have to be Online, But I get what your saying. It's wishful thinking really. I just had a blast with the split-screen and trying to get my friends to Ultimate mode with me.

Long, Live, Skitzo the HUmar, my lvl 134 Purplnum.

Honorable mentions:

Pikmin 1 & 2, Rouge Sqaudron games and a Resident Evil REmake.... I'd also love PN .0.3.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#10huyiPosted 11/30/2012 4:26:03 PM
i have over 64 gamecube games so no, i won't be "rebuying" them again, i'll play them on my wii for free.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1