I need an unbiased, non-troll opinion.

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 11/30/2012 5:15:18 PM
If you enjoy Nintendo games, sure. Just think of it as replacing your Wii and gaining the ability to play the newer titles. If not, don't. :)
---
I like video games.
#12Auron_59261Posted 11/30/2012 5:19:10 PM
Have you ever played or seen any of Nintendo's exclusives? That should weigh your decision heavily. I purchased one; and although so far I'm enjoying the integration of the touch pad with multiplatform titles like Black Ops II and ACIII, these titles can be experienced in their entirety on other systems you already own. I'm sure Nintendo will create plenty of their trademark games to creatively incorporate the pad and the systems updated power, and I can only hope some third party developers do the same. For now though, I'm just mostly playing through all the titles I've been missing from not owning a Wii.
---
Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.8 Ghz [] GTX 560 OC'd [] 8Gb G. Skill Sniper [] 120 Gb Agi3 [] 500 Gb Seagate Barracuda [] CM eXtreme 500W PSU [] 212 Hyper Plus
#13SpiegaPosted 11/30/2012 5:20:20 PM
Right now, probably not.

Give it some time for a bigger library and possibly a price drop
#14Sakura_RailgunPosted 11/30/2012 5:25:18 PM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
Is the Wii U worth it? I have a Ps3, 360, Wii, PC, 3DS, PS Vita.

Am I missing out on anything by not buying a Wii U? I can't tell if I want one or not. I'm afraid it will never get used like my Wii.

The Miiverse is pretty cool, and that brings something to the table the Wii didn't, but if you're not sure I'd hang off until either it goes on sale/price drop, or you can snag one for cheap on craigslist.
#15bleedingelitePosted 11/30/2012 5:57:23 PM
Well, if you love cool gadgets, then yeah it's worth it. There will be all the first party stuff down the road, but the thing right now is just fun to play with. If you have people who can play with you, it's even better for stuff like nintendoland and nsmb.

Unrelated question: Do you ever play your ps3? I had an xbox 360 and a ps3 for a couple of years, and I swear I only turned on the ps3 maybe once every month and a half. I ended up selling it a week ago. It just seems like nobody I know cares about ps3.
#16GigaVoltsPosted 11/30/2012 6:01:18 PM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
Originally I wanted to get it for Monster Hunter, but then I realized that will be on 3DS as well and I prefer MH on handhelds. Then I started to consider other games but nothing is really jumping out at me.

Don't get it now then. Check back in Feb or March and see if anything interests you.

Check back every 3 or 4 months if you don't get it then. If nothing seems to catch your interest after a 1 or 2, don't get it
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#171shadetail1Posted 11/30/2012 6:06:38 PM
["I need an unbiased, non-troll opinion."]

And yet, you came to gamefaqs.

Anyway, you really don't need us to answer that. Take a look at the library and see if there is anything you want. If there is, then it would be worth it. If no, then no. Simple.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#18GeminiX7Posted 11/30/2012 6:13:07 PM
sesshomaru_55 posted...

Am I missing out on anything by not buying a Wii U? I can't tell if I want one or not. I'm afraid it will never get used like my Wii.

No its not worth it. You have enough systems for now, and most of WiiU's titles worth getting are ports you can find on the systems you already have for relatively cheaper. You even have a Wii already, so BC wouldn't mean much either(otherwise I'd say go for it). Essentially, you'd be paying 300 bucks or more for just ZombiU and Mario. And thats not including the price of the games themselves.

The WiiU looks to be a good system, but it's till the knee-jerk, "oooh shiney" phase of sales, and you don't need to spend that kind of cash for something that doesn't contribute to your personal gaming experience at the moment. I'd wait for more "can't get anywhere else" titles that Nintendo systems have been known for.

Thats about as unbiased a statement as your going to get.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#19pikachupwnagePosted 11/30/2012 6:14:16 PM
sesshomaru_55 posted...

Yup yup yup.
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#20UltimaSora91Posted 11/30/2012 6:22:16 PM
I'm enjoying my. Miiverse is great, can't wait for WiiTvii this coming month. TTT2, NSMBU, NL, and Batman are very fun. If you want to wait, that's cool. But I would Strongly recommend picking one up eventually.
---
On July 29th, 2012 at 1:56 am, almost two years after the launch of BBS, I defeated Mysterious Figure with Terra!
3DS: 4768-7461-8649