Reggie is rude.

#51Seksii_Girl_5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:55:53 PM
ajko000 posted...
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
OK im a HUGE Pikmin fan, HUGE. I LOVE PIKMIN!

Reggie is slumping the entire nintendo fanbase into this when he said "We give them Pikmin 3 and they ask, okay but what else you got?" he sounded insulted, well guess what reggie? I'M INSULTED, that was rude of him to slump me into that category.
I was so excited for Pikmin 3, best announcement of this years E3 and the reason i buy Wii-U

rant ovah.

I do say Old bean, quite the rant.

thanks babe
---
Daniel Bryan is my future husband!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma69guOl4F1rg81ugo1_500.gif
#52TheSmartBlondePosted 11/30/2012 7:56:53 PM
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
AXKSION posted...
Baha05 posted...
He is right as there is a whole "You can't please them all" vibe that comes off from fans and gamers all together. It must suck being a developer sometimes.

It wouldn't be difficult at all:

Super Mario RPG 2
New Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 64-2
Metroid Prime 4
Super Metroid 2
Donkey Kong Country 4
Castlevania Symphony of the Night 2

all you have to do is make something like those and then announce it and then you win.

Donkey Kong Country 4
Super Mario RPG 2
New Yoshi's Island

I would actually melt into the floor.

I guess Donkey Kong Country Returns doesn't qualify as Donkey Kong Country 4. Or every single 3D Mario game after 64 doesn't qualify as Super Mario 64-2. Or how Yoshi's Island 2 doesn't qualify as "New Yoshi's Island.

We already have those games. But the problem of fanboys, Nintendrones in particular, is if a game is released as similar to its predecessor it is then labeled a rehash. If a game IS released that is different to its predecessor people want one that is similar.

Never satisfied.
#53Omega_BlackPosted 11/30/2012 8:03:34 PM
How is that rude?
He doesn't insult fans or the gaming community.
He doesn't use any disparaging remarks.
He simply reflects on how core gamers can be and how it is both an enormous challenge and a bit frustrating at times, in his opinion.
If his comments offend you, you need to grow thicker skin, lol.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#54Solid LinkPosted 11/30/2012 9:18:59 PM
Meh, people who tell it like it is are often called rude. Because other people can't handle the truth.

Reggie tells the truth: core gamers are never satisfied. Remember when Skyward Sword was launching? People were like, "Okay, but where's Zelda for Wii U?" Seriously, never satisfied.

Nintendo could announce new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pokemon, Pikmin, etc. games all at a single press conference, and people would still say, "But where's <x>?" People are just never satisfied, which is why sequels are always popular.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#55nilesthebravePosted 11/30/2012 11:48:05 PM
AXKSION posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Problem is developing games takes 2 - 3 years it's almost impossible for Nintendo to deliver on all of those in one console cycle. Unless they loan them out again like the Capcom Zelda games.

But doesn't Nintendo have a HUGE amount of people? If they have tons of employees, why don't they just have them work on several at once? If not enough employees, hire more.

Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
fawfulmark2 posted...
AXKSION posted...
I will never ever play a Pikmin game. It looks so stupid.

Give me new Metroids, new Zeldas, Mario 64 type games, Donkey Kong Country games (not that Returns trash), etc.

Pikmin is dumb.

it's people like you that are the reason why Nintendo gets s*** for using the same IPs all the time.

I agree. Plus his post in general was just wrong in so many ways.

And right in every way. So, he gives me flack for the same IPs, however, Pikmin is not a new IP.

Ha, dude you are so lame. I'm cool with having different opinions, but not playing Pikmin because it looks dumb? Well you're the one missing out I guess, just don't understand how you wouldn't try it out before dismissing it.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#56LordBowserPosted 12/1/2012 3:59:13 PM
Squished_Mario posted...
It's one thing to give fans a Mario game, it's another to give them a GOOD Mario game.

NSMBU is a good Mario game.

Now you might not like that game, and that's okay, that's your prerogative. Look at it as your opinion, and stop looking at it like it's a fact. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a bad game to anyone else. I enjoyed it a lot.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#57LordBowserPosted 12/1/2012 4:04:59 PM
Squished_Mario posted...
phineasfool posted...
Squished_Mario posted...
phineasfool posted...
Squished_Mario posted...
It's one thing to give fans a Mario game, it's another to give them a GOOD Mario game.

They gave us a good Mario game.

If you're talking about NSMBU, it's just the same thing we've had since DS.

Doesn't mean it's not a good game.

Guess I can't fathom why people enjoy a rom hack rehash of the same game, but res'd up. It's the same game over and over, and how the music doesn't drive you crazy I'll never know.

You know, Miyamoto was right. Games are not art, but products. Because it seems like they're just selling the same rehashed object over and over.

Just because the world design is similar doesn't mean the game is exactly the same. The levels are always very unique, in fact in NSMBU each level has a completely unique theme, lots of them have enemies that only appear once, and in this game most of the worlds are different even if you feel it's the 'same'.

For instance, World 8 is Peach's Castle turned into Bowser's personal fireland resort. I've never seen that done before. Flying Squirrel powerup is completely new as well, and is one of the more intuitive flying powerups that aren't ridiculously broken.

I mean hell, you could look at Super Mario World and call it uncreative if you want to, saying that nearly every level is a forest, a cavern, or plains with the occasional fortress and ghost house, but we would know there's plenty more to the game than that.

Again, if you don't like the game that's fine, but that's your opinion. NSMBU is one of the best 2D Mario games I've ever played. If I were to guess, you're just anxious for a 3D Mario game. That's not unreasonable, it will come eventually, but it's not here yet. Sorry.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!