Wii U is officially the best console I ever bought

#1SpiegaPosted 11/30/2012 10:44:41 PM
The internet browser on this thing is completely ridiculous. In fact, I'm using it right now to post this topic... while playing NSMBU at the same time!

Seriously guys, the convenience of this thing just cant be beat. One of the best pieces of hardware I've bought in years, and now that I've been experimenting around with it, I'm starting to realize why!
#2lowuwPosted 11/30/2012 10:47:41 PM
It's great for multitasking.
#3WalkiethrougiePosted 11/30/2012 10:48:34 PM
I'm getting one for christmas ^-^
---
Sony and Microsoft fight over who's boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them. :) -Walkiethroughie
#4Solid_SOAPPosted 11/30/2012 10:48:54 PM
It sounds like it has potential to greatly expand the community aspect of gaming.
#5uneedtowakeupPosted 11/30/2012 10:50:14 PM
Yeah its great for doing crap I'd rather do on my computer. Well done Nintendo!

Whatever happened to people living the actual VIDEO GAME capabilities.
#6Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:58:53 PM
uneedtowakeup posted...

I don't know, man. The one issue I always had with my computer was that it sits on my desk and can't move around with me. You could tell me to just get a laptop or a tablet, but the Wii U is priced better, and plays retail Nintendo games.

This console has a bright future ahead of it, and its all thanks to this wonderful gamepad.
#7AwayFromHerePosted 11/30/2012 11:00:08 PM
If all you want in a laptop is browse the web, there are much cheaper options than the Wii-U.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8uneedtowakeupPosted 11/30/2012 11:01:29 PM
Spiega I suspect you are younger than 20 years old?
#9Solid LinkPosted 11/30/2012 11:01:50 PM
uneedtowakeup posted...

So much hate on this board.

I'm loving my Wii U for the same reasons. Miiverse was a feature I didn't really expect to use, but... it's engaging. I'm compelled to use it, because it's just simply, enjoyable. And the Internet browser is a great way for me to go look something up online while I'm watching TV. I don't own an actual tablet, so this works just fine for that. It also makes it easy to pull up something on YouTube that I want to share with my family, let the video load, and then say, "Hey guys, look at this! *Switch inputs from the Gamepad*"

Though on the subject of actual video games *clears throat*, it is also fantastic. Nintendo Land is like the only example of this asymmetric gaming we have so far, but boy is it fun. I fired it up with my sister and her boyfriend the other day, expecting to play one or two rounds and then move on to something "real" (NSMB U). Instead, we wound up playing for like an hour, and then throwing in Mario Party 8, because we all picked up that "party" sorta vibe. I'm so glad to see Nintendo isn't ready to abandon local multiplayer like Microsoft and Sony have.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#10evecharmevePosted 11/30/2012 11:03:58 PM
Lmao. I can pause the game, bring up the walk-through, find out what i have to do, then resume the game right away, I'd say that's 100 % gaming right there
---
NSMBU
Turning the Wii Ugame pad into The Death Note.