System locks up EVERY time I try to shut it off

#1VamarPosted 11/30/2012 11:48:48 PM
I realize freezing problems appear to be widespread, but my Wii U locks up nearly every time I shut it off, regardless if I do it via the Gamepad or the power button on the console, forcing me to unplug it. I think it's powered off normally twice. Ironically, I haven't had it freeze while playing a game.

Just wondering if I should try and return it, or wait and see if this new update that will supposedly fix freezing issues fixes it.
#2_LordAndSaviorPosted 12/1/2012 12:17:39 AM
I'd return it, simply because it's a different problem then the one others are experiencing.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#3RE4_FanPosted 12/1/2012 12:37:06 AM
Unless you have downloaded any paid for applications (not sure if they're transferrable yet) I agree with the above poster, just take it back to the store.

If you have bought anything, contact Nintendo.
#4dbhomiePosted 12/1/2012 1:04:42 AM
If you unluckerly downloaded the update to go online then your Wii U is bugged, best get a new one and refuse any update from nintendo and you wont have that problem again.
---
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147
#5Vamar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:08:54 AM
Nope it downloaded the update just fine, and I have yet to be able to register a Nintendo Network ID due to congestion, so I'm not concerned about anything E-shop related.

The Wal-Mart I purchased it from apparently still has deluxe Wii U's in stock according to their website, so I guess I'll try and return it in the morning.