Comparison of Console Launch Games

#11_Falstaff(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 10:14:25 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
You have too much free time TC and your graph shows based on reviews the 360 had better games at launch.

Probably not much more free time than you. Instead of playing games for two hours or perusing this board, I made this instead. Overall, your comment is a by-the-books response.

BeatItUpRight posted...
It doesn't take a rocket scientists to realizing the wii u has an incredible unflattering launch lineup of games.

The thing is, that in comparison to the previous generation, the Wii U's launch has actually be relatively good. For example, when you look at the average score on the exclusives the Wii U has, it looks a little iffy. However, when you take into consideration the total number of exclusives, the numbers are much more promising. Let's do another quick comparison.

The 360 had 7 exclusive launch games. Of those 7, 5 of them have scores over 75%, with a maximum of score of 88.69%.
The Wii U had 14 exclusive launch games. Of those 14, 5 of them have scores over 75%, with a maximum score of 88.75%.
The PS3 had 4 exclusive launch games. Of those 4, 2 of them have scores over 75%, with a maximum score of 86.70%.
The Wii had 6 exclusive launch games. Of those 6, 5 of them had scores over 75%, with a maximum score of 94.51% (Twilight Princess).
(I chose 75% as the cutoff score because, from personal experience, I find that anything below that really starts to bother me with its flaws.)

Comparatively, the Wii U has done fairly well in the exclusives department. It's true, it has lower scores overall, but it also has a larger variety of games to choose from. Both the Xbox 360 and the Wii U, for example, have 5 titles that I would have considered buying around launch.

I'm not trying to say if you disagree then you must be a troll. I'm just showing numbers and attempting to interpret them. Might post more after I get off work.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.