UK / Virgin Media-Super Hub user HERE- can connect to it, but not the internet?!

#1ChosenoneknuxPosted 12/1/2012 4:24:51 AM
Hello all

I'm connected to my [Virgin Media: Super Hub] wifi router now [solely using the Manual instructions] - but it won't connect to the internet, even in the same room as the router!

What gives...? Has anyone in the same boat got it to work?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!
---
PKMN Black FC - 3525 1818 6640
FFIX is greater than FFVII
#2Chosenoneknux(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 4:48:47 AM
bump
---
#3Chosenoneknux(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:11:42 AM
bumpage
---
#4vejetaPosted 12/1/2012 5:14:01 AM
I have Virgin Media internet and the instructions in the sticky worked for me.
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#5LonelyGoombaPosted 12/1/2012 5:14:27 AM
haha

I have virgin super hub, and if you look around google, you'll find the wireless abilities of it is absolutely terrible. I was so frustrated when I first got it and all my devices were slower than dial up.

the only way to fix this, is to connect it to your old wireless router and use that for the wireless. ..erm... google it I suppose.

But, basically... yeah, super hub is a scam
#6LurkerLordPosted 12/1/2012 5:15:58 AM
Thanks for the warning; I'm a Virgin customer, and I will avoid getting that.
#7Chosenoneknux(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:17:24 AM
LonelyGoomba posted...
haha

I have virgin super hub, and if you look around google, you'll find the wireless abilities of it is absolutely terrible. I was so frustrated when I first got it and all my devices were slower than dial up.

the only way to fix this, is to connect it to your old wireless router and use that for the wireless. ..erm... google it I suppose.

It replaced our old one - it's the wifi hub for everything in our house.

I can't exactly set another one up [even if my dad did keep the old one, which I doubt to be the case].
---
#8LonelyGoombaPosted 12/1/2012 5:47:37 AM(edited)
Chosenoneknux posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...
haha

I can't exactly set another one up [even if my dad did keep the old one, which I doubt to be the case].

well he shoulda kept the old one

I have the new virgin Internet but its connected to my old linksys router for wifi
#9Chosenoneknux(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:49:25 AM
LonelyGoomba posted...
Chosenoneknux posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...
haha

well he shoulda kept the old one

I have the new virgin Internet but its connected to my old linksys router for wifi

We've had no problems with our Super Hub.

Just... this.

Wtf didn't Nintendo user test wifi connectivity before release. >->
---
#10Chosenoneknux(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:07:45 AM
bump
---