Does anyone else turn the gamepad screen off to conserve battery life.

#1NEILELLIEPosted 12/1/2012 8:37:15 AM
The battery life in the gamepad seems very short and with long charge times do people turn off the display on the gamepad, or turn the brightness down to 1 when playing games that dont require it like mario bros.
#2s2goodPosted 12/1/2012 8:39:08 AM
Battery life isn't that short...
---
In 2006, Sony's Playstation 3 sold 197,000 units in its first two weeks, while in 2005 Microsoft's Xbox 360 sold 326,000 units in its first two weeks.
#3NEILELLIE(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:41:04 AM
For many a couple of hours is not a long life especially with 2 hour plus charge time.
#4SuperSaiyanSonicPosted 12/1/2012 8:42:39 AM
Battery life is pretty short, especially when you first get a system and want to play it for long time with other people.
---
SF Giants: The 2012 Champions of the World
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/SuperSaiyanSonic/posey.png
#5YoyokuKOPosted 12/1/2012 8:43:30 AM
yeah
if anything to not have a glare/attract attention to it
#6quickposterPosted 12/1/2012 8:48:38 AM
Can I ask how you turn the gamepad off while playing the console? I use my Pro Controller and the controller comes on. I press the power button on the gamepad and nothing happens. I hold the power button and the console turns off with it.

I really like the gamepad as a have big hands. It is the battery life that is a concern to me.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#7ChargrilledPosted 12/1/2012 8:49:54 AM
Display off does nothing if you're using the game pad to play a game on your HDTV. it still burns a hole into your chin even though you're not, and are never going to, look at it.
Stupid design

Turned the display off last night before going to sleep, whilst the machine downloaded. 3 hours later when i checked progress he battery was dead.
Genius
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#8dudupupuPosted 12/1/2012 8:49:54 AM
NEILELLIE posted...
The battery life in the gamepad seems very short and with long charge times do people turn off the display on the gamepad, or turn the brightness down to 1 when playing games that dont require it like mario bros.

Yes, please tell us how to turn it off during gameplay!
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#9huyiPosted 12/1/2012 8:52:31 AM
why bother turning it off, i leave it on the plaza screen with all the miis sqeaking, it makes me LOL because my bf says "what is tha noise" :p i told him it sounds like newborn babies or something.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#10NEILELLIE(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:52:36 AM
If you hit home there is an option to configure the gamepad there is an option to turn the screen off as well as changing the brightness, its the same screen that shows the battery bar usage.