Does anyone else turn the gamepad screen off to conserve battery life.

#11dudupupuPosted 12/1/2012 8:55:46 AM
NEILELLIE posted...
If you hit home there is an option to configure the gamepad there is an option to turn the screen off as well as changing the brightness, its the same screen that shows the battery bar usage.

Oh, I thought you meant it could but turned off while in use (when the screen is duplicated).

Thanks, though!
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#12BufkusPosted 12/1/2012 8:59:46 AM
Chargrilled posted...
Display off does nothing if you're using the game pad to play a game on your HDTV. it still burns a hole into your chin even though you're not, and are never going to, look at it.
Stupid design

Turned the display off last night before going to sleep, whilst the machine downloaded. 3 hours later when i checked progress he battery was dead.
Genius

We know it has a short battery life. The better question is why didn't you plug the GamePad in to charge while you went to sleep?
#13ChargrilledPosted 12/1/2012 9:01:50 AM
Bufkus posted...
Chargrilled posted...
Display off does nothing if you're using the game pad to play a game on your HDTV. it still burns a hole into your chin even though you're not, and are never going to, look at it.
Stupid design

Turned the display off last night before going to sleep, whilst the machine downloaded. 3 hours later when i checked progress he battery was dead.
Genius

We know it has a short battery life. The better question is why didn't you plug the GamePad in to charge while you went to sleep?

Because I'd only unplugged it about 1hr before I went to sleep

Who in their right mind would think that display off on a power saved controller would still eat that much battery
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!