my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

User Info: _Gambit

_Gambit
4 years ago#71
Mature or not, a six year old has no business playing a game like this. It's survival horror... Instilling a spirit of fear into a young child isn't a great idea. Neither is violent games at this age... Kids this young are sponges, they absorb everything they see and hear.

User Info: _LordAndSavior

_LordAndSavior
4 years ago#72
I don't know about everyone else but I played the first few resident evils as a kid they scared me half to death, gave me nightmares, but hey it's a part of childhood.

If the kid really wants it, as long as it doesn't have sexual content or cursing I think it should be fine.
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.

User Info: I_R_WINNER

I_R_WINNER
4 years ago#73
No. 6 is too young he will have nightmares and be desensitized...
Best tomahawk video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-VjIlADpo

User Info: jackorhoads

jackorhoads
4 years ago#74
Suppose its your job as a parent to decide, you could always sit with him while he plays? its a slow paced game so he might get bored rather quickly
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd

User Info: Pechabuster

Pechabuster
4 years ago#75
I_R_WINNER posted...
No. 6 is too young he will have nightmares and be desensitized...

The most worrying thing is the desensitizing. Who knows how he'll grow up to act and he might endanger innocent lives. A parent needs to raise their child well and impose at least the bare minumum of limits.

User Info: EasterEggHunter

EasterEggHunter
4 years ago#76
What is with everyone and their six year olds? I have seen at least 10 6 year old topics in the past week.
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238 PM me.
Nintendo- What other gaming company has been around sincenthe 1800's?

User Info: DougyB

DougyB
4 years ago#77
What the hell, why are there so many serious responses? This is fake as hell.
b

User Info: kjhovey

kjhovey
4 years ago#78
lgi posted...
Dhaos99 posted...
LordBowser posted...

It's not okay, but letting his kid see it is another story. I actually agree with this, if he wanted to play it with his supervision and explained it to him, that would be okay.

Sexual themes though are not something a kid needs to see. You are crazy stupid if you think otherwise. How old are you, 14? 15? How far am I off, here?

>Murder, gore, violence is okay for children to see
>Sex isn't

Why can't the kid watch sex and have it explained to him then?

Think about the sexual content in most games. Are they making love, or just ****ing?

Your argument makes zero sense. So, because the people ****ing aren't making love, then that's bad to see? Whereas, full on murder, gore, etc. is fine?

You aren't making a valid argument here.

OT, I'd say a kid shouldn't be diving into M games until they are at least 12. The last thing we need in the gaming community are more 10-13 year olds cursing people out on CoD.

Note: I know TC is a confirmed troll, he's a pretty old troll. Just giving my two cents to the serious posts.
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
4 years ago#79
No it's not.

ZombiU is rated 18, you would be a poor parent if you did this, I am assuming you are not a bad parent, you are trolling.
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

User Info: lastbattle77

lastbattle77
4 years ago#80
_LordAndSavior posted...
I don't know about everyone else but I played the first few resident evils as a kid they scared me half to death, gave me nightmares, but hey it's a part of childhood.

If the kid really wants it, as long as it doesn't have sexual content or cursing I think it should be fine.

Your kidding right!? Please tell me you're kidding! So it ok for a child of six to act out depictions of extreme violence, horror and gore. Bust open heads until brains fall out, etc. however, a bit of boob and a swear word are off limits??? *facepalm.

I have a 5 year old and do my best to protect her from violence and sexual themes as best possible. Why pollute a young mind with such negative content, this work is filled with enough darkness as it is.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived