my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

#71_GambitPosted 12/3/2012 2:39:11 PM
Mature or not, a six year old has no business playing a game like this. It's survival horror... Instilling a spirit of fear into a young child isn't a great idea. Neither is violent games at this age... Kids this young are sponges, they absorb everything they see and hear.
#72_LordAndSaviorPosted 12/3/2012 3:41:51 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I played the first few resident evils as a kid they scared me half to death, gave me nightmares, but hey it's a part of childhood.

If the kid really wants it, as long as it doesn't have sexual content or cursing I think it should be fine.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#73I_R_WINNERPosted 12/3/2012 3:53:04 PM
No. 6 is too young he will have nightmares and be desensitized...
---
Best tomahawk video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-VjIlADpo
#74jackorhoadsPosted 12/3/2012 4:26:09 PM
Suppose its your job as a parent to decide, you could always sit with him while he plays? its a slow paced game so he might get bored rather quickly
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#75PechabusterPosted 12/3/2012 6:36:29 PM
I_R_WINNER posted...
No. 6 is too young he will have nightmares and be desensitized...

The most worrying thing is the desensitizing. Who knows how he'll grow up to act and he might endanger innocent lives. A parent needs to raise their child well and impose at least the bare minumum of limits.
#76EasterEggHunterPosted 12/3/2012 6:41:35 PM
What is with everyone and their six year olds? I have seen at least 10 6 year old topics in the past week.
---
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238 PM me.
Nintendo- What other gaming company has been around sincenthe 1800's?
#77DougyBPosted 12/3/2012 6:44:35 PM
What the hell, why are there so many serious responses? This is fake as hell.
---
b
#78kjhoveyPosted 12/3/2012 6:48:11 PM(edited)
lgi posted...
Dhaos99 posted...
LordBowser posted...

It's not okay, but letting his kid see it is another story. I actually agree with this, if he wanted to play it with his supervision and explained it to him, that would be okay.

Sexual themes though are not something a kid needs to see. You are crazy stupid if you think otherwise. How old are you, 14? 15? How far am I off, here?

>Murder, gore, violence is okay for children to see
>Sex isn't

Why can't the kid watch sex and have it explained to him then?

Think about the sexual content in most games. Are they making love, or just ****ing?

Your argument makes zero sense. So, because the people ****ing aren't making love, then that's bad to see? Whereas, full on murder, gore, etc. is fine?

You aren't making a valid argument here.

OT, I'd say a kid shouldn't be diving into M games until they are at least 12. The last thing we need in the gaming community are more 10-13 year olds cursing people out on CoD.

Note: I know TC is a confirmed troll, he's a pretty old troll. Just giving my two cents to the serious posts.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#79ChargrilledPosted 12/3/2012 6:53:43 PM
No it's not.

ZombiU is rated 18, you would be a poor parent if you did this, I am assuming you are not a bad parent, you are trolling.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#80lastbattle77Posted 12/4/2012 6:02:27 AM(edited)
_LordAndSavior posted...
I don't know about everyone else but I played the first few resident evils as a kid they scared me half to death, gave me nightmares, but hey it's a part of childhood.

If the kid really wants it, as long as it doesn't have sexual content or cursing I think it should be fine.

Your kidding right!? Please tell me you're kidding! So it ok for a child of six to act out depictions of extreme violence, horror and gore. Bust open heads until brains fall out, etc. however, a bit of boob and a swear word are off limits??? *facepalm.

I have a 5 year old and do my best to protect her from violence and sexual themes as best possible. Why pollute a young mind with such negative content, this work is filled with enough darkness as it is.