my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

#81Skatz95Posted 12/4/2012 7:16:03 AM
seriously guys? just because a game is rated M doesn't mean a kid can't play it. I'm sure many of you had M-rated games for the N64 or PS that your family let you play.
---
MKWii fc: 4341-9153-2733
#82Baha05Posted 12/4/2012 7:35:54 AM
Skatz95 posted...
seriously guys? just because a game is rated M doesn't mean a kid can't play it. I'm sure many of you had M-rated games for the N64 or PS that your family let you play.

Can't play it? Yeah it doesn't mean a kid can't play it, understand and handle some of the things do is what the issue is, it's kinda like bringing a 6 year old to an R rated movie.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#83stekim40Posted 12/4/2012 7:40:14 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
My son is five, and he plays alot of M rated games like COD, BF3, TranZit, drives around in GTA 4 nd watches me play scary games. Just explain to him its a game, its not real, and its someones job to create videogames.
My son has grasped that concept and hes still an awesome sweet kid. No violent outbreaks or even a yelling fit. I use to play Doom, mortal Kombat for SNES when i was his age and im doing just fine lol.

I dont think he will be able to play Zombi u though. Anything scary my som will run away from after bravely asserting he can "handle" it.

Sorry but you are a terrible parent. :(
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#84Killingjoke_666Posted 12/4/2012 7:48:55 AM
My parents rented me violent movies like Cobra, Robocop and Rambo when I was like 7 or 8 course that was back when times were different.
I think hes too young though, buy him Rayman or something
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#85PictocheatPosted 12/4/2012 8:27:03 AM
To be honest, I don't understand the appeal behind M-rated games. I never cared that much about blood and gore; I'm 20 now and it's still usually a turn-off. The most "violent" game I played back when I was this kid's age was the censored SNES version of Mortal Kombat; even then, I mostly played platformers like Mario and Donkey Kong Country, and basic shooters like Star Fox 64.

I don't think the kid should be playing ZombiU yet; it's too graphical and probably too difficult for him. And yes, I'm American, so stereotype away.
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#86PechabusterPosted 12/4/2012 3:58:20 PM
Skatz95 posted...

Not as a SIX year old. I didn't even start remembering my games until I was 9. When you're 6 your personality is still shaping. Putting violent games in the mix WILL do something in th future. 6 year olds AREN'T mature. 6 year olds have just started learning how to read (unless you were precocious and started at 4... like I did) They're more than 10X less mature than teenagers and we know how badly the internet thinks of them.