Wii U good for non Wii owners?

#1sean2995Posted 12/1/2012 6:14:47 PM
I never owned a Wii but would pick up a WiiU when more of the "good" games come out there aren't multiplat/weak party games.

I noticed few of the titles use old Wii controllers and such, will it be too tough to get into the WiiU without having to spend more on these older accessories?

Kinda the reason I didn't pick a Wii up first, but it was also unavailable for a long time it pass me by. I want to pick up some of the Wii titles that are great since WiiU does have BC.
#2BurgerTime79Posted 12/1/2012 6:18:22 PM
You pretty much have to buy the accessories required for the Wii games in order to play them. Even if you buy just the Wiimote (I suggest getting the later version with the motion+ in it), there will be games that you can play with just that. Later you can get the nunchuck controller, and the classic controller if you want it.
You'll need that Wiimote anyways for the multiplayer in some of the Wii U games as well.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3ssjmolePosted 12/1/2012 6:19:13 PM
You use the gamepad for all games if you like. You only need to buy a wii-mote for A)wii games or b) Multiplayer. And honestly every system needs you to buy an extra pad for multiplayer so the cost is a non-issue. Some games even use Pro-pad if you want to avoid wi-motes. E.g ZombiU multiplayer uses pad for single. and wii-mote + chuck or Pro for multiplayer. Just not all games support pro
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
Wrestling,TV,Movie.games and much more reviewed and discussed here : http://xpound.proboards.com/
#4HugsAllAroundPosted 12/1/2012 6:20:08 PM
If you didn't own a Wii then you are in for a treat. You have a massive library of games to choose from with all the great Wii games. There was a ton of shovelware on that system, but the top 10 Wii games were among the best of all of last gen.

Recommendations:
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Punch Out
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Zelda: Twilight Princess (if you didn't play it on Game Cube)
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Rhythm Heaven Fever
#5LordBowserPosted 12/1/2012 6:21:16 PM
Virtual console and a handful of games will be good to have the classic controller for.

Most games just require a wii remote (get a plus, more and more games need it now).

Several games require a nunchuck in addition to the Wii remote.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#6LordBowserPosted 12/1/2012 6:22:35 PM(edited)
HugsAllAround posted...
If you didn't own a Wii then you are in for a treat. You have a massive library of games to choose from with all the great Wii games. There was a ton of shovelware on that system, but the top 10 Wii games were among the best of all of last gen.

Recommendations:
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Punch Out
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Zelda: Twilight Princess (if you didn't play it on Game Cube)
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Rhythm Heaven Fever

Twilight Princess is good even if you did play it on the gamecube. Just throwing that out there. Otherwise, this is a great list. Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl are also great games if you're into those genres (many people are).
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#7HugsAllAroundPosted 12/1/2012 6:24:37 PM
Oops, totally forgot to put Brawl on the list.