Name one specific thing you want Nintendo to do during Wii U life cycle.

#21Pac12345Posted 12/2/2012 2:52:08 AM
I want them to add Dolby Digital (5.1), Dolby True HD (7.1 uncompressed), DTS (5.1 uncompressed) and DTS Master Audio (7.1 uncompressed) support.

Currently, it only supports LPCM 5.1 (Uncompressed) which is good, but I think it is safe to say that a large portion (If not the majority) of Wii U owners don't have a receiver capable of decoding LPCM 5.1 (Myself included). To have more options (Specially the licensed ones) is always good.

And this can be easily done via a firmware update.
#22PG50Posted 12/2/2012 2:57:44 AM
banzaiheil posted...
PG50 posted...
banzaiheil posted...
LordBowser posted...
banzaiheil posted...
Put Miyamoto on an ice floe and say farewell.

Tired of seeing s*** posts about Miyamoto.

Tell ya what, if the next game with his name attached to it is another "Mario Galaxy," I'll take it back. But if it's another "Wii Music," "Paper Mario: Sticker Star," or even "Skyward Sword," then my s*** continues right alongside his.

And for the record, I completely acknowledge his past greatness and pretty much saving the industry. But I also acknowledge that it was a long time ago.

Whats wrong with skyward sword? I haven't talked to anyone in real life who didn't love the game.

Well I've said it before in a handful of other topics, but there were a few things that when added all together were just too much. Warning for anyone that reads, an opinion follows. I acknowledge that many if not most will differ from my own, but arguing won't change mine.

1. Motion controls. Okay, it's a Wii game, so of course it's going to have them. I knew that going in, and I knew I wasn't going to be crazy about them but wasn't going to allow that one aspect keep me away from my favorite series. Still, I didn't like them much, in particular the nunchuk-shield use. While I don't attribute the motion controls as the sole reason for my dislike of the game, or even the biggest factor, they were without a doubt my reason for attributing Miyamoto to this game in a negative way. (My opinion, and I know it's not universal. No need to argue.)

2. General controls. Not a lot to say here, but even the non motion controls aren't appealing to me. Not so much the layout as the gameplay itself. Admittedly I'm not good at describing this, but Link feels stiff to me. Turning/running/jumping feel the same as it did on N64. It just feels archaic. Not game breaking, but a factor.

3. The immersion breaking item descriptions on every item you pick up after starting up the game. I couldn't believe it when my game paused mid-battle to tell me all about the 60th "Amber Relic" I just picked up. It may not have been a big deal for most, but I felt almost insulted by it, as if they thought I wasn't capable of either retaining the information from day to day, or navigating the menu to look up the description myself. Speaking of feeling insulted...

4. Fi. All the worst qualities of Navi magnified. Why is that insulting? Long story short, I made it to the first dungeon. I had the audacity to stop moving after entering a new room, just to take in the scenery. (It was, after all, a pretty game.) That's when Fi felt it necessary to tell me the answer to the rooms solution. I was speechless and pissed at the same time. I hadn't even fully explored the room to see what the problem was, much less solve it. I was denied the ability to get stumped, scratch my head, trial and error, and eventually figure things out on my own. I can forgive easy puzzles, but solving them for me without being asked is unforgivable.

I see. I actually like Motion controls when they're done well, and I thought they were done well in SS. #3 annoyed me also, but only a little. #4 I can see that being annoying, though I don't remember ever being annoyed by Fi. I was never annoyed by Midna or Navi either though. That certainly is an opinion I can understand, though do not share.
#23The UPosted 12/2/2012 3:30:29 AM
Release new $5 or less first party mini games on a regular basis. Kind of like Nintendoland, but a la carte.

New games like that with online multiplayer or leaderboards and Nintendo IPs would be nice. I would buy an endless runner game with Metroid twists, if it was cheap. Just some small efforts inbetween the big first party releases.
#24MisterSmeePosted 12/2/2012 3:34:19 AM
PG50 posted...
banzaiheil posted...
LordBowser posted...
banzaiheil posted...

Tired of seeing s*** posts about Miyamoto.

Tell ya what, if the next game with his name attached to it is another "Mario Galaxy," I'll take it back. But if it's another "Wii Music," "Paper Mario: Sticker Star," or even "Skyward Sword," then my s*** continues right alongside his.

And for the record, I completely acknowledge his past greatness and pretty much saving the industry. But I also acknowledge that it was a long time ago.

Whats wrong with skyward sword? I haven't talked to anyone in real life who didn't love the game.

Funnily enough everyone who i talk to in real life was disappointed by it.
#25leopoldsharkPosted 12/2/2012 3:54:25 AM
Put 2 Wii Us together and market it as the Wii W.
#26shaunmePosted 12/2/2012 3:59:17 AM
I want an epic, open world zelda with the realistic art style, I want f zero 1080p 60fps and more awesome music, I want a mario 64 style 3d mario game with traditional controls.

I want ninty to keep updating and improving the operating system, I want the ultimate version of the virtual console,all Nintendo machines and games playable on the gamepad, I also want Nintendo to create some new ip's this gen, legendary ones that will still sell consoles in 20 years time.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#27thechaoticclownPosted 12/2/2012 4:16:50 AM
A new Metroid Prime game.
#28LordBowserPosted 12/2/2012 4:35:22 AM
PG50 posted...
I see. I actually like Motion controls when they're done well, and I thought they were done well in SS. #3 annoyed me also, but only a little. #4 I can see that being annoying, though I don't remember ever being annoyed by Fi. I was never annoyed by Midna or Navi either though. That certainly is an opinion I can understand, though do not share.

He didn't even mention Midna. I don't think I have ever met anyone that has disliked her, she's awesome.

The only time motion controls in Skyward Sword annoyed me were during a certain boss near the end of the game (you know who), and when they glitched out and fired the wrong direction when it was important they did not (see previously mentioned boss).

Overall, I thought they did well, but I wish that the attacks were a little... smoother, I guess. I guess it's hard to make a sword swing go off exactly like you want it, and respond fast at the same time.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#29Lethal13Posted 12/2/2012 4:41:11 AM
banzaihell posted...

OSTF man
#30Mono_Kosas83Posted 12/2/2012 4:56:59 AM
Fatal Frame, the ghosts don't appear on the main tv set, only when you put the "pad" in front of the screen. & maybe to add difficulty, you need to look at the tv often so you don't run into things and hurt yourself?
Also, whatever happened to that thing that was going to read your pulse while playing? Combine with Fatal Frame, you have to keep your pulse steady, the faster your pulse the scarier the game gets, or the more ghosts appear, or the more you can get hurt by the environment around you!
Maybe this Slender-man I've heard about can be used in the same manner. Where-in you walk around your living room, playing the game, but you can't look at the Slender-man (the tv) also in combination with keeping your pulse rate steady. It could be a fun experience.
Maybe "another" re-Re-Resident Evil release... : p