Never owned a Wii... should I buy a Wiimote/Nunchuk and get Xenoblade and SSBB?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 12/2/2012 2:36:28 AM
Never owned a wii because I hated the wiimote controllers and all the games having some sort of dumb motion control thing going on and I hate motion movement for games.

BUT there are 2 games that I like on the Wii, specifically Xenoblade Chronicles and Smash Bros Brawl.

Should I buy a 50 buck wiimote/nunchuk wii u pack, Xenoblade chronicles and SSBB for like 150 bucks total?

The stuff I have to do to play games >_>
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2Chocobo115Posted 12/2/2012 2:39:00 AM
I don't know the answer myself but maybe both could be played with some "Pro" Controller kind of thing so you won't need the motion stuff for the 2 spefic games.
Better do some research first thoo.
#3TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/2/2012 2:48:24 AM
I would.... I did. I hated the Wii like no other, but I got a Wiimote, Nunchuck, and Classic Controller to experience the dozen or so games I wanted in my collection, including those two!
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#4idrc82Posted 12/2/2012 4:49:52 AM
If you like jrpg then it should be mandatory to play that game. Highly recomend you use classic pro controller with it. You attach that to the wii remote. I bought one for $5 bucks when there was a sale clearance. Anyways doeant hurt to have a wii mote handy for future wii u games and wii games that interest you.
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176. Vita/psn: xgamblorx
Wii u: xgamblorx
#5nonexistingheroPosted 12/2/2012 5:46:15 AM
Well, for Xenoblade, sure. I personally prefer to play it with the Classic Controller Pro (for Wii, the Wii U pro doesn't work for Wii games), but it's still more than playable with Wiimote + Nunchuck combination.

However, I don't recommend to get Brawl. It's an absolutely fantastic game in almost every way. But the Gamecube controller is by far the best way to play it. Even with the CC or CCpro it just doesn't play nearly as well. The Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers though, and with that, it doesn't support the best way to play Brawl.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6Charles_DaBeastPosted 12/2/2012 5:49:37 AM
Both of these are amazing games. You'll get plenty of enjoyment from them.
---
Wii U Nintendo ID - CharlesDaBeast
#7godslayer61Posted 12/2/2012 5:55:21 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Never owned a wii because I hated the wiimote controllers and all the games having some sort of dumb motion control thing going on and I hate motion movement for games.

BUT there are 2 games that I like on the Wii, specifically Xenoblade Chronicles and Smash Bros Brawl.

Should I buy a 50 buck wiimote/nunchuk wii u pack, Xenoblade chronicles and SSBB for like 150 bucks total?

The stuff I have to do to play games >_>

i was debating the same thing ,then i said ya im going to but when i went to walmart i got a no name combo pack you get a wii mote and the nunchuck for $29 so i also picked up zelda for $20.O ya they work real good so far no problems so i recomend them there called asid tech wii/wii u wired controler and remote.Now it says wired but its not the only wire is going from the nunchuck to the wii mote.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975