Do you think the Wii-U is going to drag down the graphics of multi-platform?

#1KevoCSCSPosted 12/2/2012 11:42:31 AM
I'm worried about this because as we all know the Wii-U is going to get destsroyed by Sony and Microsoft's follow ups.
However, if the Wii U is successful it will mean at least for a while a lot of developers may try to dumb down the graphical quality of their games for the sake of making it easy to port on the Wii-U.

So even though the PS4/Xbox 720 may be far more powerful than the Wii U we may not see it in the multi-platform titles due to developers feeling the need to have their titles released on the Wii-U.

We saw it a lot with the Wii and the PS2.
#2lp913Posted 12/2/2012 11:44:18 AM
Hell NO! If anything, its the 360 that's holding graphics back right now, as multiple other threads on these non-360 boards have already indicated.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#3KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:44:51 AM
lp913 posted...
Hell NO! If anything, its the 360 that's holding graphics back right now, as multiple other threads on these non-360 boards have already indicated.

No, I mean when the 360's successor is released.
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/2/2012 11:45:33 AM
Who cares? If you want graphics, get a pc. Otherwise, you really have no business playing video games for graphics.
#5emagdnEPosted 12/2/2012 11:45:52 AM
since when are multiplat games worth playing on anything other than PC?
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#6lp913Posted 12/2/2012 11:48:01 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
lp913 posted...

No, I mean when the 360's successor is released.

You haven't heard about the rumored specs of the 720? It won't be that much more powerful, especially with the console now months away from release. Expect more of a repeat of the 6th gen (Original XBOX and GameCube) when it comes to graphical differences between the Wii U and 720.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#7RetroFanGirlPosted 12/2/2012 11:49:04 AM
All consoles drag down graphics. PC.
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#8JKatarnPosted 12/2/2012 11:49:13 AM
I'd have to agree with the other posters - if you're truly that concerned about graphics, get yourself a halfway decent gaming PC - it will destroy current consoles and likely the upcoming consoles as well. With the 720 rumored to be using a Radeon 6670 variant (that's about a $100 card if you buy it for the PC), I wouldn't expect THAT much of a disparity between the Wii-U/720/PS4 versions of games (well, not like Wii/360/PS3 anyway). MS/Sony lost too much money on this generation to release another powerhouse console, and they really don't have to just to supersede the current ancient consoles.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#9faris_ruhiPosted 12/2/2012 11:54:34 AM(edited)
Who cares? If you want graphics, get a pc. Otherwise, you really have no business playing video games for graphics.

The fact that the graphics category includes framerate in it as well, no. Graphics are everyone's business including console owners. Frame rate directly affects the enjoyment of the game (and no I'm not talking about smooth 30fps vs 60 fps). Poor/mediocre ports almost always tend to have framerate problems which effects gameplay.

Anyways, the weakest console in a gen, does not drag down graphics, however, it is more likely to receive the crappiest port (if they even consider it worth porting to).

Graphics are going to depend on which two consoles will be the closest in power once the ps4/720 release. The graphics will be dragged down by the weaknesses of the two systems that are most similar.

So for instance, if the ps4 is close to wii u in terms of power, and the 720 is way ahead, but all are similarly easy/hard to program for, the dev will aim for graphics at a level of ps4/wii u, and then just make minor upgrades for the 720 version.

If both the ps4 and 720 are way ahead, graphics will be made according to that level, and brought down for the wii u version, possibly resulting in a bad port for the wii u version.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#10Godly_GoofPosted 12/2/2012 11:51:10 AM
Considering A) I'll just end up buying all the systems eventually and B) most games that go full consoles multi-plat are pretty bad games, I have no concerns whatsoever.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."