Do you think the Wii-U is going to drag down the graphics of multi-platform?

#51JKatarnPosted 12/2/2012 12:02:11 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
The Wii-U is about equal to the Xbox 360 from all indications

That's not true. You know nothing of technology.

EVERYTHING we have seen from Wii U so far shows that its performance capabilities are roughly equal to PS3/360. In fact, most of the multiplatform titles actually run worse on the Wii U.

You are really grasping at straws at this point if you think there is some hidden power in the Wii U that hasn't been tapped yet. This is exactly what Nintendo fanboys believed about the Wii and they were wrong. It's time to learn your lesson.

Judging a console's power based on some half-baked ports is foolish. It may turn out that the Wii-U ultimately fails to supersede the 360/PS3 when it comes to game complexity/technology, but unless you're a developer working on a Wii-U title at the moment, you're not really in a position to judge. Also, the Wii was capable of some pretty impressive games - see the Super Mario Galaxy titles, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Skyward Sword etc. - it's just that many third-party developers opted for quickie PS2/PSP level ports that didn't take advantage of the additional power of the system.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#52thundercat2600Posted 12/2/2012 12:03:15 PM
JKatarn posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

EVERYTHING we have seen from Wii U so far shows that its performance capabilities are roughly equal to PS3/360. In fact, most of the multiplatform titles actually run worse on the Wii U.

You are really grasping at straws at this point if you think there is some hidden power in the Wii U that hasn't been tapped yet. This is exactly what Nintendo fanboys believed about the Wii and they were wrong. It's time to learn your lesson.

Judging a console's power based on some half-baked ports is foolish. It may turn out that the Wii-U ultimately fails to supersede the 360/PS3 when it comes to game complexity/technology, but unless you're a developer working on a Wii-U title at the moment, you're not really in a position to judge. Also, the Wii was capable of some pretty impressive games - see the Super Mario Galaxy titles, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Skyward Sword etc. - it's just that many third-party developers opted for quickie PS2/PSP level ports that didn't take advantage of the additional power of the system.

Is NSMBU a half-baked port?
#53JKatarnPosted 12/2/2012 12:05:42 PM
You are telling him otherwise based on... uhh oh right GPU specs aren't even out yet other than it runs at 550mhz. And before you throw down the GPGPU archichtecture, if games are running off the GPU and the cpu is offloading instructions to the GPU to run ADDITIONAL load, is that supposed to make games look/run better?

GPU is better for calculations than CPU. It's why Nvidia's PhysX is gaining steam. Offloading things like physics onto the GPU makes for faster calculations and the possibility for better physics engines.

Um no...a GPU isfaster when it comes to calculating certain things like physics etc., but a GPGPU is not nearly as flexible as a dedicated CPU.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#54godplaysSNESPosted 12/2/2012 12:07:25 PM
JKatarn posted...
You are telling him otherwise based on... uhh oh right GPU specs aren't even out yet other than it runs at 550mhz. And before you throw down the GPGPU archichtecture, if games are running off the GPU and the cpu is offloading instructions to the GPU to run ADDITIONAL load, is that supposed to make games look/run better?

GPU is better for calculations than CPU. It's why Nvidia's PhysX is gaining steam. Offloading things like physics onto the GPU makes for faster calculations and the possibility for better physics engines.

Um no...a GPU isfaster when it comes to calculating certain things like physics etc., but a GPGPU is not nearly as flexible as a dedicated CPU.

And people still seem to "forget" that if you use the GPU for CPU tasks, there's less power left for the actual graphics
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#55justcause2wPosted 12/2/2012 1:49:51 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
JKatarn posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Is NSMBU a half-baked port?

I think nsmbu was first made on wii like pikmin 3 then they moved it to wii u? That's why it doesn't look that good.
#56PhilOnDezPosted 12/2/2012 2:04:52 PM
Redjoker777 posted...
Technically, X-box dumbed down PS3 graphics since they developed for it first. Do PS3 games look terrible?

I haven't seen a PS3 exclusive game that looks better than an Xbox exclusive and I know in at least one game (Mass Effect 3) they had to cut features due to the PS3 not being able to handle it. Multiplat cuts both ways.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#57CrysianiaPosted 12/2/2012 2:52:49 PM
No, i seriously doubt wii u will get multiplatforms unless ps4 and next xbox are not much of a jump.

Much like wii.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#58AXKSIONPosted 12/2/2012 2:56:03 PM
Do you think the Playstation and Xborx brands are going to hold back the quality of good games and drag down the quality?

Yes, because most of them are sucky generic shooter casual crap.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#59SpongeBob_SPPosted 12/2/2012 3:05:50 PM
I doubt it. I think it's much more likely that the Wii U will stop getting a majority of next-gen's multiplatform games, if the systems are as superior as rumors are suggesting.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Fenix Undying
"Leave me alone" - Me
#60FlyinTonitePosted 12/2/2012 3:28:37 PM
Nextbox and ps4 have low end gaming pc of today specs... so idk where people are getting the idea the next gen jump is gonna be huge. Get a gaming pc if you want good graphics. Those next gen engines are built for pcs, scalable for consoles.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd