What's so good about the Internet Browser?

#21AhnoldDoodPosted 12/2/2012 1:55:25 PM
Buretsu posted...
Yes, owned by someone's uninformed opinion versus the results of actual testing...

"Personal opinions mean nothing when I have numbers!"

You seem like the kind of kid who listens to any review over a more trustworthy opinion.
#22DJNfinityPosted 12/2/2012 2:21:22 PM
Buretsu posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
DJNfinity posted...
I own the Galaxy Note 10.1 (Best tablet available for engineering students, btw) and the Wii U browser meets or bests the browser I use on the Tablet (Dolphin HD) in terms of speed and functionality. My exectations were blown out of the water.

Still, Wii U's browser looses due to lack of Multi-touch. ;)

Owned. By the by, I posted this from my Gamepad. And it was smooth and fast. Sexy...

Yes, owned by someone's uninformed opinion versus the results of actual testing...

To Buretsu's defense, he is correct. This statement was merely my perception of the browsers' speeds. Also, my tablet is rocking Flash, where as the Wii U tablet is not, meaning my Note 10.1 is working harder. (On a side note, the Note 10.1 is currently the most powerful Android based table available in the US)

However, the Wii U is able to manipulate and display websites correctly (Such as the Club Nintendo website, or my college's website), where the Note 10.1 can't with any but one browser (Opera), and the iPad can't render at all. So that's been lightly tested and confirmed.

Perceptions is important if it's universal. It's like buying a TV. Sure, you could go buy the one that X-website says is better, but if it looks shotty to you when you buy it, no amount of good reviews is going to make it look better. Purchase/use what looks good, or in the case of the Wii U's browser, what is perceived as fast.

Cheers.
---
Nostalgia-~-[+..oo]
#23mjc0961Posted 12/2/2012 2:35:50 PM
Buretsu posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...
like browsing on a tablet.

Yes, one of those $99 off-brand tablets that have some sort of hastily cobbled together Android-based OS.

Which is exactly the same as browsing on any tablet or smartphone, even precious iPads. Tablet browsers suck, PC really is the "master race" on this one.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#24JonbazookabozPosted 12/2/2012 2:46:28 PM
i have an ipad4, all major consoles and handhelds and a top end custom pc. the wii u's browser is faster and more easy to use than ANY of them. quick curtains for hiding your naughty stuff. wii u wins plain and simple
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#25BuretsuPosted 12/2/2012 8:45:22 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Buretsu posted...

"Personal opinions mean nothing when I have numbers!"

You seem like the kind of kid who listens to any review over a more trustworthy opinion.

No, because a review score is just a number applied to someone's opinion. It's still subjective.

The performance of a browser is objective. It's hard numbers. Perception is just a filter applied on top of that. Numerically, and thus objectively, the Wii U's browser is slower than tablets, regardless of anyone's personal feelings on the matter.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#26Omega_BlackPosted 12/2/2012 9:20:32 PM
It's good for a console, lol.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#27LHS_2012Posted 12/2/2012 9:26:53 PM
I love how the ones bashing the browser are also the ones who never used it. Hmmm, who should we listen to: the people who use the browser regularly or the people who just have a number to show?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#28drothegreat0nePosted 12/2/2012 9:39:09 PM(edited)
thundercat2600 posted...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6465/nintendo-wii-u-teardown

Anandtech's tests show it to be slower than any high-end tablet/smartphone from the last year or so.

LOL yes.

http://acid3.acidtests.org/

Ever heard of this test? 'Cause the Wii U's browser passed with a score of 100/100.

*edit* Oops, forgot said test.
---
Nintendo Network - PeterTheGreat
Xbox Live - PeterTheGreat01