So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/2/2012 12:46:00 PM
So how am I going to play with my friends?

But clearly Nintendo has made sacrifices. One of the big drawbacks is that the processor/GPU combination is too slow to power the displays for a TV and for two tablets at the same time when running high-speed games. Right now, Wii U games make use of only a single tablet controller played with a TV. To run a game with two tablets used at the same time, Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

So other words if a game can use more than one controller it's going to cut into the performance of the game? Who thought this was a good idea?

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/the-wii-us-processor-and-graphics-speeds-are-slower-than-xbox-360-and-ps-3/
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#2ADHDguitarPosted 12/2/2012 12:46:53 PM
Just... what?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3BuretsuPosted 12/2/2012 12:47:32 PM
Who says its true? Considering that we haven't actually seen any games that can use two Gamepads at the same time, anybody that says one way or the other is just talking out of their rear.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 12:48:14 PM
Buretsu posted...
Who says its true? Considering that we haven't actually seen any games that can use two Gamepads at the same time, anybody that says one way or the other is just talking out of their rear.

Nintendo said it's true.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#5Redjoker777Posted 12/2/2012 12:48:51 PM
There are other controller options (wii mote, pro) although I agree that this is a very unfortunate technological limitation.

Granted, no system at this time could pull off more than two controllers so I don't see the point in comparing tech specs.
---
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."
#6BuretsuPosted 12/2/2012 12:48:58 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Buretsu posted...

Nintendo said it's true.

Link?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7squatch22Posted 12/2/2012 12:50:44 PM
Another Xeeh_Bitz fail

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368695/expect-wii-u-games-using-two-gamepads-some-time-next-year/
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 12:52:52 PM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Buretsu posted...

Nintendo said it's true.

Link?

Topic

Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.
---
#9TrueBlue91Posted 12/2/2012 12:53:22 PM
squatch22 posted...
Another Xeeh_Bitz fail

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368695/expect-wii-u-games-using-two-gamepads-some-time-next-year/

Ignorant squatch post.
The problem is, there will probably be massive drawbacks to the use of two gamepads, such as the game's framerate taking a hit or stripped-down level geometry.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#10BuretsuPosted 12/2/2012 12:54:44 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Buretsu posted...

Nintendo said it's true.

Link?

Topic

Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

I asked for a link to where Nintendo said so, not where some dude said that he thought so. Fail.
---