So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once

#41justin_mcPosted 12/2/2012 12:24:57 PM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Nintendrones are seriously the new Strawmen of 2012

You mad, bro? Mad you got caught trolling and called out on it?

I find it humorous that Xeeh_Bitz is dumb enough to claim others of using strawman arguments in a post being used as a strawman argument.
#42Boclfon479Posted 12/2/2012 12:33:04 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So how am I going to play with my friends?

But clearly Nintendo has made sacrifices. One of the big drawbacks is that the processor/GPU combination is too slow to power the displays for a TV and for two tablets at the same time when running high-speed games. Right now, Wii U games make use of only a single tablet controller played with a TV. To run a game with two tablets used at the same time, Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

So other words if a game can use more than one controller it's going to cut into the performance of the game? Who thought this was a good idea?

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/the-wii-us-processor-and-graphics-speeds-are-slower-than-xbox-360-and-ps-3/

I don't know if you realize this or not, but the human eye can only process about 10-12 frames per second. Sure, the extra ones will smooth is out a drop, but going from 60 to 30 really doesn't make too much of a difference in all honesty.
#43The UPosted 12/2/2012 12:32:01 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

No, in the game's native form the Wii U is not powerful enough to run two controller tablets at the same time.

It'll have to downgrade, so therefor the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once.

Learn what native is in technology terms, see how it compares to my topic title. If something can't run something native, then it's not powerful enough.

Edit: I apologize for the confusion, I forgot I'm dealing with console peasants who does not understand these things

Here's the only technology term in your topic title: 'run'. Do you know what the term 'run' means in regards to technology? It means load or the equivalent of operate. Run doesn't concern itself with whether it's loading a bad port, optimized port, natively programmed executable, at 60fps or 30fps. It just loads the executable.

Your topic title using the term 'run', by itself, means 'cannot operate'.
#44Oni_TaedoPosted 12/2/2012 12:34:19 PM
shaunme posted...
I just went to download trine 2, so. I'm looking at the options on the download page and find this = deactivate downloads, you can deactivate downloads to ensure the games run SMOOTHLY, so the wii u is that weak that a background download can affect performance? Poor.

I've had downloads effect gameplay on the PS3 before.
It's not a problem exclusive to the WiiU.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#45TheFallenPriestPosted 12/2/2012 12:34:31 PM
The framerate on the gamepad will be cut in half, its called bandwidth, not the framerate on the actual tv.
---
This sig has been interrupted by Joe Biden
#46blankempathyPosted 12/2/2012 12:34:40 PM
Boclfon479 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So how am I going to play with my friends?

But clearly Nintendo has made sacrifices. One of the big drawbacks is that the processor/GPU combination is too slow to power the displays for a TV and for two tablets at the same time when running high-speed games. Right now, Wii U games make use of only a single tablet controller played with a TV. To run a game with two tablets used at the same time, Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

So other words if a game can use more than one controller it's going to cut into the performance of the game? Who thought this was a good idea?

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/the-wii-us-processor-and-graphics-speeds-are-slower-than-xbox-360-and-ps-3/

I don't know if you realize this or not, but the human eye can only process about 10-12 frames per second. Sure, the extra ones will smooth is out a drop, but going from 60 to 30 really doesn't make too much of a difference in all honesty.

ugh don't give him points he can easily counter. Its been long known that people can tell the difference between 60 and 30 fps.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#47Baha05Posted 12/2/2012 12:36:36 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
shaunme posted...
I just went to download trine 2, so. I'm looking at the options on the download page and find this = deactivate downloads, you can deactivate downloads to ensure the games run SMOOTHLY, so the wii u is that weak that a background download can affect performance? Poor.

I've had downloads effect gameplay on the PS3 before.
It's not a problem exclusive to the WiiU.

Not to mention on the 360 you don't even get the option to play games that have online features while the download is going on. If you do the download stops thus you either have to play single player games or wait for it to finish.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#48mhunterchumpPosted 12/2/2012 12:38:27 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Nintendrones are seriously the new Strawmen of 2012

You mad, bro? Mad you got caught trolling and called out on it?

How am I trolling? I posted an article and what I said is 100% correct, you're just grasping at straws because you're insecure about your purchase

That's all

Two things:

1) You're trolling because your topic title implies that running two Gamepads at once is impossible, period. Misleading topic titles are basically the definition of trolling.

2) I don't own a Wii U. I don't even own a Wii. I, in fact, just have a PS2 and 3DS. I'm not feeling insecure, I'm just calling you out on your bull plop.

but the topic title is true, The Wii U is not powerful enough to run two controllers at once, graphic qualities has to be cut back in order for that to happen

That is not trolling, that is your failure to completely read what I posted in my OP

I agree with TC, I mean some guy/gal posted it on the internet so IT HAS TO BE TRUE.

I read on the internet that you can't post stuff on the internet that's not true so it has to be true.

I've never read anything on the internet that wasn't true.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#49ColorfulColorsPosted 12/2/2012 12:44:15 PM
TC stated in another topic that he was never going to get a Wii U because its overpriced and gimmicky. So all he is here for is to spread bullcrap and troll.
---
Xeeh_Bitz: Master of Excuses
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#50LinetrixPosted 12/2/2012 12:51:08 PM
Damn Nintendo. What's the point of a gimmick like that in your next gen console if you're not gonna let gamers use it properly?

Fail, fail, fail, fail.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation