So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once

#51FoppePosted 12/2/2012 1:54:39 PM
Boclfon479 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So how am I going to play with my friends?

But clearly Nintendo has made sacrifices. One of the big drawbacks is that the processor/GPU combination is too slow to power the displays for a TV and for two tablets at the same time when running high-speed games. Right now, Wii U games make use of only a single tablet controller played with a TV. To run a game with two tablets used at the same time, Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

So other words if a game can use more than one controller it's going to cut into the performance of the game? Who thought this was a good idea?

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/the-wii-us-processor-and-graphics-speeds-are-slower-than-xbox-360-and-ps-3/

I don't know if you realize this or not, but the human eye can only process about 10-12 frames per second. Sure, the extra ones will smooth is out a drop, but going from 60 to 30 really doesn't make too much of a difference in all honesty.

So why were people complaining about The Hobbit prescreen being shown in 48 fps instead of the normal 24 fps?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#52ColorfulColorsPosted 12/2/2012 1:55:08 PM
Linetrix posted...
Damn Nintendo. What's the point of a gimmick like that in your next gen console if you're not gonna let gamers use it properly?

Fail, fail, fail, fail.

Guess what this is Liney? a rumor.
Weren't you in another topic shouting RUMOR RUMOR?
What a hypocrite.
---
Xeeh_Bitz: Master of Excuses
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#53LinetrixPosted 12/2/2012 1:56:20 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Linetrix posted...
Damn Nintendo. What's the point of a gimmick like that in your next gen console if you're not gonna let gamers use it properly?

Fail, fail, fail, fail.

What a hypocrite.

Nintendo creates their own rumors huh? Hahaha.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#541shadetail1Posted 12/2/2012 1:56:42 PM
["So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once"]

Except that it is powerful enough to run two at once, and even TC admits it. Never mind that the whole thing is just more troll-rumors.

Massive fail, TC.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#55ColorfulColorsPosted 12/2/2012 1:57:24 PM
Linetrix posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
Linetrix posted...

Fail, fail, fail, fail.

What a hypocrite.

Link to show me where Nintendo said it.
---
Xeeh_Bitz: Master of Excuses
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#56zaakroPosted 12/2/2012 2:23:40 PM(edited)

Generally when someone says "reportedly" it means its coming from the company

reĚportĚedĚly

Adverb
According to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#57shaunmePosted 12/2/2012 2:19:55 PM
Boclfon479 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So how am I going to play with my friends?

But clearly Nintendo has made sacrifices. One of the big drawbacks is that the processor/GPU combination is too slow to power the displays for a TV and for two tablets at the same time when running high-speed games. Right now, Wii U games make use of only a single tablet controller played with a TV. To run a game with two tablets used at the same time, Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

So other words if a game can use more than one controller it's going to cut into the performance of the game? Who thought this was a good idea?

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/the-wii-us-processor-and-graphics-speeds-are-slower-than-xbox-360-and-ps-3/

I don't know if you realize this or not, but the human eye can only process about 10-12 frames per second. Sure, the extra ones will smooth is out a drop, but going from 60 to 30 really doesn't make too much of a difference in all honesty.

My god.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#58LinetrixPosted 12/2/2012 2:21:33 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Linetrix posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
Linetrix posted...

Fail, fail, fail, fail.

What a hypocrite.

Link to show me where Nintendo said it.

Illiterate person confirmed.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#59JonbazookabozPosted 12/2/2012 2:24:17 PM
u need to have scalability in a console release. u cant play all your cards on day one for f'sake. ninty wouldnt want to focus on to many seperate things on launch and direct attention to the price if a new controller too. Itll come when there is a game and ninty are ready for it.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#60endoflevelbossPosted 12/2/2012 2:25:07 PM
My buddy brought his gamepad to my place. We synced both gamepads with my Wii U and fired up Mario. The Wii U melted. So pissed right now.