So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once

#61squidney2k1Posted 12/2/2012 1:49:29 PM
If a game can run split screen, it can run on two Gamepads. Period.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake is the best game you DIDN'T play in 2010.
Please Sony, don't kill Heavy Rain!
#62oxnerdPosted 12/2/2012 2:05:34 PM
I thought the gamepad was just like another controller? What would make it difficult for the actual console to run two?
#63CBratePosted 12/2/2012 2:50:44 PM
Still waiting for "It doesn't matter. Nintendo has never cared about being on the cutting edge" arguement.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#64BikeaLossPosted 12/2/2012 3:19:42 PM
CBrate posted...
Still waiting for "It doesn't matter. Nintendo has never cared about being on the cutting edge" arguement.

Stop trolling, please.
#65Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:20:26 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
TC stated in another topic that he was never going to get a Wii U because its overpriced and gimmicky. So all he is here for is to spread bullcrap and troll.

Where? show me

because I've said that I own one because I won it on a radio station
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#66Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:23:28 PM
oxnerd posted...
I thought the gamepad was just like another controller? What would make it difficult for the actual console to run two?

The controller is powered by Wii U's CPU and GPU, without the Wii U, the controller is a rock.

If it uses two, it takes away additional resources of the Wii U's CPU and GPU, which in turn makes the game run like crap.

So that's why they said they would have to slow the framerate down, etc to get two to even work because the system is not powerful enough to run both at full speed/settings
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#6760secondAssasinPosted 12/2/2012 3:28:57 PM
TechniMyoko posted...
I'm willing to run at the regular frame rate to use 2 gamepads.

now there's a name I haven't seen in years.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bGwrV.jpg
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2475133
#68DaMan1900Posted 12/2/2012 3:32:12 PM
lol at comparing the wiiu to ps3/360. if the wiiu cant do what the ps3/360 can thats horrible. Now if the ps3/360 cant do what the wiiu can who cares 6/7 year old tech against something that is brand new. So in other words stop saying the "ps3/360 cant do it either lol" that is probably the worst argument ever, quite frankly it makes you look ignorant lmao...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#69BikeaLossPosted 12/2/2012 3:36:57 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
lol at comparing the wiiu to ps3/360. if the wiiu cant do what the ps3/360 can thats horrible. Now if the ps3/360 cant do what the wiiu can who cares 6/7 year old tech against something that is brand new. So in other words stop saying the "ps3/360 cant do it either lol" that is probably the worst argument ever, quite frankly it makes you look ignorant lmao...

lol lmao
#70mhunterchumpPosted 12/2/2012 3:42:48 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
oxnerd posted...

The controller is powered by Wii U's CPU and GPU, without the Wii U, the controller is a rock.

If it uses two, it takes away additional resources of the Wii U's CPU and GPU, which in turn makes the game run like crap.

So that's why they said they would have to slow the framerate down, etc to get two to even work because the system is not powerful enough to run both at full speed/settings

Or the game devs can design a mode that only plays on the two gamepads and turns off the feed to the TV which would be using the same technology as COD uses when playing local multiplayer. The Wii U would still being using the same CPU and GPU to feed the two gamepads instead of one gamepad and one TV.

Just saying.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump