So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once

#71CBratePosted 12/2/2012 4:45:27 PM
CBrate posted...
Still waiting for "It doesn't matter. Nintendo has never cared about being on the cutting edge" arguement.

Stop trolling, please.

You think this is trolling? You should see what you guys do to us on the PS3 board. You guys are ruthless.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#72ImGanondorfLolPosted 12/2/2012 4:49:22 PM
The Wii U game pad was intended for single player, and for multiplayer the person with the game pad is supposed to have a different experience than the other players. The rest use pro controllers and wii remotes.
#73elheberPosted 12/2/2012 5:11:21 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So how am I going to play with my friends?

But clearly Nintendo has made sacrifices. One of the big drawbacks is that the processor/GPU combination is too slow to power the displays for a TV and for two tablets at the same time when running high-speed games. Right now, Wii U games make use of only a single tablet controller played with a TV. To run a game with two tablets used at the same time, Nintendo will reportedly have to scale back the framerate of a game, running it at perhaps 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames per second.

So other words if a game can use more than one controller it's going to cut into the performance of the game? Who thought this was a good idea?

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/the-wii-us-processor-and-graphics-speeds-are-slower-than-xbox-360-and-ps-3/

Ya, that's a pretty piss-poor understanding of the hardware. The CPU/GPU is powerful enough to run two GamePad 854x480p screens at 60fps. Hell, it can render one 1080p60 video for TV and one 480p60 video for the GamePad.

The actual issue is wireless bandwidth. To keep image latency low, the system sends uncompressed raw video. The file sizes for those f***rs are so huge that with the limited wireless bandwidth available, they can only either send one 480p60 or two 480p30 over a wireless signal.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#74LoneReaper115Posted 12/2/2012 5:20:41 PM
So.... If the only real way to play multiplayer on a single console currently is to use Wii-motes, why not just use a Wii? What is the real point to the Wii-U then? Is it just a suped up Wii that will be instantly outclassed by the next gen PlayStation and Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Nintendo, been playing them since before some of you guys were even a thought. But, sometime around the GameCube, things got a little weird. They stopped making good games on a good system and tried to be quirky and innovative, while other machines rose up from nothing and actually stand a chance to make them run for their money. For years Nintendo's only real competition was Sega, but now Nintendo is not the apex in the spectrum that they used to be. Please guys, go back to your roots.

TL:DR, sorry for my rant, I just don't get the Wii-U.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets? Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
GT: LoneReaper115
#75Dynamo128Posted 12/2/2012 5:29:14 PM
Wait, so.... I wouldn't be able to do 4 players offline Rayman Legends coop?

Woah. I hope that game will be re-released on PS4/new xbox.....
#7621_21Posted 12/2/2012 5:30:33 PM
What if the 3DS were to be used as the second "gamepad" controller? I heard that was a possibility that they were delving into.
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#77Dynamo128Posted 12/2/2012 5:35:15 PM
And I'd have to buy ANOTHER gaming system to get it as a second controller? No thanks. Leave that to Neo-Geo owners, maybe they can afford it
#78Lousy_FellowPosted 12/2/2012 5:37:40 PM
So.... If the only real way to play multiplayer on a single console currently is to use Wii-motes, why not just use a Wii? What is the real point to the Wii-U then?

I hope you do realize the Wii can't run WiiU games. If not...

And what's the big deal? It's not like the WiiU can only use ONE CONTROLLER AND ONLY ONE. You can still play the darn thing with your friends, the difference is that one will have a huge plate with a screen in the middle. Big whoop.

Seriously, the way people overreacts about stuff is legendary.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
#79LoneReaper115Posted 12/2/2012 5:46:15 PM
I do realize that the Wii does not play Wii U games, I'm not a moron. But from a consumer point of view, I shouldn't have to purchase hardware from another machine/ buy a separate machine to be able to play anything other than solo. I'm just trying to figure out what the big advantage is to buying a Wii U, if you have to buy/ use older hardware to use it 100%.
---
I uh, don't have any bullets. You gonna give me bullets? Are there bullets up there? Where do I get my gun?
GT: LoneReaper115
#80mhunterchumpPosted 12/2/2012 5:50:03 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
I do realize that the Wii does not play Wii U games, I'm not a moron. But from a consumer point of view, I shouldn't have to purchase hardware from another machine/ buy a separate machine to be able to play anything other than solo. I'm just trying to figure out what the big advantage is to buying a Wii U, if you have to buy/ use older hardware to use it 100%.

Bad argument:

Xbox and PS3 only come with one controller also so you have to buy extra stuff to use it 100% also.

And Xbox you have to spend an extra $60 just to play online.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump