So the Wii U is not powerful enough to run 2 controllers at once

#81sonic777Posted 12/2/2012 5:51:16 PM
So the Wii U is not powerful

That's all the title you needed, really.
#82Dynamo128Posted 12/2/2012 5:54:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#83Dynamo128Posted 12/2/2012 5:57:14 PM
Lousy_Fellow posted...
And what's the big deal? It's not like the WiiU can only use ONE CONTROLLER AND ONLY ONE. You can still play the darn thing with your friends, the difference is that one will have a huge plate with a screen in the middle. Big whoop.

Sounds like a pretty big deal to me, it's like the 3DO controllers where player 1 gets the main one and everyone else get the lame, daisy-chained controllers. And you actually think Nintendo has an excuse for this... oversight?

mhunterchump posted...
Bad argument:

Xbox and PS3 only come with one controller also so you have to buy extra stuff to use it 100% also.

And Xbox you have to spend an extra $60 just to play online.

What the hell? You don't have to use Xbox/PS2 hardware to play on the PS3/360.
#84mhunterchumpPosted 12/2/2012 6:03:07 PM
Dynamo128 posted...
Lousy_Fellow posted...
And what's the big deal? It's not like the WiiU can only use ONE CONTROLLER AND ONLY ONE. You can still play the darn thing with your friends, the difference is that one will have a huge plate with a screen in the middle. Big whoop.

Sounds like a pretty big deal to me, it's like the 3DO controllers where player 1 gets the main one and everyone else get the lame, daisy-chained controllers. And you actually think Nintendo has an excuse for this... oversight?

mhunterchump posted...
Bad argument:

Xbox and PS3 only come with one controller also so you have to buy extra stuff to use it 100% also.

And Xbox you have to spend an extra $60 just to play online.

Yeah, that's what I said, try reading the quote again. And since you want to be childish about it. Using Wiimotes saves a ton of people tons of money because of the Wii install base already having them.

I didn;t have to buy any extra controllers to play, I already had them.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#85Shinobi120Posted 12/2/2012 6:03:27 PM
Lousy_Fellow posted...
So.... If the only real way to play multiplayer on a single console currently is to use Wii-motes, why not just use a Wii? What is the real point to the Wii-U then?

I hope you do realize the Wii can't run WiiU games. If not...

Seriously, the way people overreacts about stuff is legendary.

The thing is, is if you're using two Wii U gamepads, it halves the framerate of the games in general. Therefore, if you want the full framerate, you would have to use something else like the Wii-mote or the Pro controller along with a Wii U gamepad.

That's where he's getting at.
#86Elements012894Posted 12/2/2012 6:18:07 PM
This was beyond obvious. And they have plenty of other controllers to play with. Did people really think there wouldnt be performance drawbacks to the WiiU having to send that much data without lag?
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#87Lousy_FellowPosted 12/2/2012 6:20:35 PM

They have no excuse (or maybe they have? Who knows?), but what can you do? You either deal with it, buy something else or go write a blog about it. Such is life.

Actually, that's sort of a plus: if you play it home, you'll hold the badass controller. Whoever else gets the inferior stuff. What is there not to like? Reminds me when I had a turbo controller on my SNES, it was awesome because I always played with it. Good memories.

And, neither do you need Wii hardware to play the Wii U. Only if you want to play multiplayer. Which, if you had a Wii, is a non issue since you're bound to have some lying around. Otherwise you'll have to buy controllers, like the PS3/360 (they only come with one, unless it's some sort of deluxe set).

The thing is, is if you're using two Wii U gamepads, it halves the framerate of the games in general. Therefore, if you want the full framerate, you would have to use something else like the Wii-mote or the Pro controller along with a Wii U gamepad.

That's where he's getting at.

Sure that's a shortcoming of the system.
But I fail to see the practical problem. If the game is properly programmed to not need the tablet controller, it can probably be played with the Wii controllers with no fuss. So, people will play the game full speed and...?
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
#88GoombacrusherPosted 12/2/2012 6:28:20 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/ABANDON_c4e165_2314677.gif
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#89Burning_BreezePosted 12/3/2012 10:39:16 AM
The topic title is misleading.

Imagine the statement: "Fred is not strong enough to carry two grocery bags at the same time". But in actuality, Fred CAN carry two grocery bags at the same time, but as a result he will have to walk more slowly and may not be able to do certain things, like answer his phone (as his hands are full). So the initial statement was wrong, Fred IS strong enough to carry two bags at once, but doing so will come at the cost of performance.

So the WiiU is most certainly powerful enough to run two controllers at once, just not powerful enough to run two controllers at the same proficiency with which it runs one.
---
Our divided brothers we slay