Would you pay an extra 350$ for all this?

#21NarutoPosted 12/2/2012 5:38:57 PM
Geminia999 posted...
Uh, doesn't the Gamepad already stream in HD? I mean, it's like a computer screen is it not? Designed to get the video stream straight from the console?

Maybe if Wii U could stream to my tablet, because the UPad's screen resolution is pitiful.
#22k925457Posted 12/2/2012 5:41:04 PM
Pkshootout13 posted...
I don't care about the specs. I truly don't. I just want the games. If any system were to produce a library comparable to the snes i would pay big time for it. Big time as in the range of $2000-3000. But to answer the question, yes. I would pay the extra 350. Moreso for nintendo first party titles rather than specs

Also gamecube compatibility.
#23MarioMan847Posted 12/2/2012 5:43:35 PM
Can't believe 18 people actually voted yes....
---
Video games are awesome.
#24Pkshootout13Posted 12/2/2012 5:48:41 PM
k925457 posted...
Pkshootout13 posted...
I don't care about the specs. I truly don't. I just want the games. If any system were to produce a library comparable to the snes i would pay big time for it. Big time as in the range of $2000-3000. But to answer the question, yes. I would pay the extra 350. Moreso for nintendo first party titles rather than specs

Also gamecube compatibility.

Give me ssbm (keep 4 player max), mkdd (8 players online), and Kirby air ride ( 8 players online) and I'll be busy for months if not for the entire console's life
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#25trenkenPosted 12/2/2012 5:50:46 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
600% stronger CPU and GPU
200% faster ram and 5 GB instead of 2
75 GB storage for basic 300GB for deluxe
Gamepad screen to be HD
Gamepad streaming to extend 200 feet under ideal conditions
DVD/blueray
Gamecube backwards compatibility

Some people complain that the power is not a huge leap, About the gamepad range and the lack DVD/blue ray among others.

Curious if they would be willing to cough up a lot of greenbacks for all that though.

No, thats pushing it too far. For all of that Id be into it for around $500. Im willing to pay more to get more, but $700 is ridiculous.

I really do wish there was a more high end pro model though. Maybe not with a different processor since it would have to be the same in all of them, but sure maybe a high res gamepad screen, retina would be awfully nice like the Vita screen, more hard drive space, bluray playback, Gamecube support, Id spend an extra $150 or so for all of that.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#2660secondAssasinPosted 12/2/2012 5:51:01 PM
if I were interested in buying consoles still I'd pay $50 more ($350/$400) for 200% better cpu, 50% better gpu and another GB of ram. all of which were perfectly 100% doable from the start. it goes beyond Nintendo not understanding or caring about tech specs, it's doing the bare minimum to get something out the door that sort of sucks. the fact that local multiplayer is only possible if you a) use last gen waggle controls or b) play games with last gen settings/framerates at best (which is already the case with every game out anyway) is troubling. it's like they developed this thing in a bubble. as limited as local multiplayer is you'd expect some good online support or structure, but you can't get that either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bGwrV.jpg
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2475133
#27mashuPosted 12/2/2012 5:58:08 PM
What the TC lists wouldn't cost $350 more, and I'd drop Blueray/DVD play as who needs that - have a million ways to play those things.

Having said that, yes, I would have paid something more for a better CPU and overall specs as I don't think its quite up to par as it is. Doesn't change the fact that the system is a must-buy for me for certain titles, but I'd have paid more. Only have to remember PS2 and PS3 launches to look at the Wii U's and think it was fairly inexpensive in comparison.
#28enterthemadroxPosted 12/2/2012 6:03:10 PM
I don't think I'll ever understand why anyone would want a built-in DVD/blu ray player in a console.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#29strongo9Posted 12/2/2012 6:38:57 PM(edited)
One does not simply put 5GB in a computer or gaming system. Nintendo would put in 6GB or 4GB, not 5GB. That just shows how much of a noob of you are when it comes to hardware specs.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#30abigexplosionPosted 12/2/2012 6:26:24 PM
600% stronger CPU and GPU - Would likely be more difficult to program for, thus leading to less games. Also, overheating and power consumption could become problems.
200% faster ram and 5 GB instead of 2 - That's more ram than needed, and this would hit a point where it isn't noticeable.
75 GB storage for basic 300GB for deluxe - Being able to add on space via external drive makes this irrelevant.
Gamepad screen to be HD - Gamepad already looks better than my TV.
Gamepad streaming to extend 200 feet under ideal conditions - Why would somebody need this? Who has 200 feet of ideal conditions?
DVD/blueray - I have a DVD player already. And streaming services like Netflix are already available on Wii U.
Gamecube backwards compatibility - Let it go, either keep your GC or backwards compatible Wii, or have some high hopes for VC.

In short, no.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.