Would you pay an extra 350$ for all this?

#31maxfreakPosted 12/2/2012 6:28:51 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
600% stronger CPU and GPU
200% faster ram and 5 GB instead of 2
75 GB storage for basic 300GB for deluxe
Gamepad screen to be HD
Gamepad streaming to extend 200 feet under ideal conditions
DVD/blueray
Gamecube backwards compatibility

Some people complain that the power is not a huge leap, About the gamepad range and the lack DVD/blue ray among others.

Curious if they would be willing to cough up a lot of greenbacks for all that though.

You seem to have no grasp on what hardware actually costs, at COST and the insane discount companies get for buying in mass mass bulk.

If you think it would cost an extra $350 for all that, you're naive as all hell.

Nintendos trained you well, you're pretty much as ignorant as the typical Apple fanboy when it comes to a products value

Who pissed in your cheerios geez.....

Omg i nearly peed when i read this. I laughed harder than i shouldve lmfao xDD
---
Proud owner of an Ambassador 3DS and a First Edition Bundle PS Vita :) Long live handheld gaming!
#32overkillwfo1978Posted 12/2/2012 6:35:51 PM
I voted yes, because I would. I want the best, and I have no money worries. Mind you, I own a Wii U and am happy with it but the simple fact is, if it can look better, play better, ummm yea! I want that.

The problem with my "wants" is that they would greatly hurt the sales of the system and that's why Nintendo doesn't do something like that. Can you imagine if the Wii U was released under your specs at a $699 price point? Sales would tank. How many people do you think would drop $700 on a home console in this horrible economy.

Nintendo isn't stupid. They know what sells and what doesn't $700 consoles are not part of that plan for a very apparent reason.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#33cnfjti3Posted 12/2/2012 6:48:03 PM
If you think it would cost an extra $350 for all that, you're naive as all hell.

Why? The cost of hardware does exponentially rise the better it is. 600% increase in GPU alone would hike the price by quite a bit.

In fact I do believe a 600% increase in GPU performance might make it equivalent or better than modern day tier 1 graphic cards. That alone would increase the price by at least $300. Not to mention they have to somehow shrink that power hungry card without losing performance.
#34FlyinTonitePosted 12/2/2012 6:55:50 PM
5 gb, what an arbitrary number, and where the hell are you getting those percentages from? The hell?
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#35drothegreat0nePosted 12/2/2012 7:34:07 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
5 gb, what an arbitrary number, and where the hell are you getting those percentages from? The hell?

That's the point...
---
Nintendo Network - PeterTheGreat
Xbox Live - PeterTheGreat01
#36Virus66Posted 12/2/2012 7:39:26 PM(edited)
Yeah, because the high price point TOTALLY didn't bite Sony in the ass now did it? Who in their right mind would think that the average consumer/gamer would pay 700+ for a console and then some for the games?
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#37Arcanine2009Posted 12/2/2012 7:41:20 PM
No. I would have played 50 extra prior to this console coming out, to have the CPU on par with the 360/PS3, and 2GB that was significantly faster than 360/PS3's.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#38token_swordsmanPosted 12/2/2012 7:42:39 PM
$350

That is all
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#39pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 7:51:19 PM
maxfreak posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
600% stronger CPU and GPU
200% faster ram and 5 GB instead of 2
75 GB storage for basic 300GB for deluxe
Gamepad screen to be HD
Gamepad streaming to extend 200 feet under ideal conditions
DVD/blueray
Gamecube backwards compatibility

Some people complain that the power is not a huge leap, About the gamepad range and the lack DVD/blue ray among others.

Curious if they would be willing to cough up a lot of greenbacks for all that though.

You seem to have no grasp on what hardware actually costs, at COST and the insane discount companies get for buying in mass mass bulk.

Nintendos trained you well, you're pretty much as ignorant as the typical Apple fanboy when it comes to a products value

Who pissed in your cheerios geez.....

Omg i nearly peed when i read this. I laughed harder than i shouldve lmfao xDD

:D
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#40confettistormPosted 12/2/2012 8:20:01 PM
I didn't buy a PS3 until recently. Actually, it was my first Sony console. I've been a hard Nintendo fan since the GameCube era (Gamecube, DS, Wii, 3DS).

What made me get it? Tales of Graces F came out and Tales of Xillia was confirmed for localization. When this news hit me, I IMMEDIATELY went searching for PS3 non-bundle deals. One week later, I had a new PS3.

Moral of the story: GAMES sell a gaming system.
Wii U can be the most powerful gaming platform for the next twenty years and I still wouldn't buy it if it didn't have at least 2 games I need to own on it.

And before people say it, Mario is no longer a "system seller" for me. I have the Mario games on my Nintendo systems, and I will buy it if I already have the system, but it's not the ONE game that pushes me to get it.
To be honest, Tales of the Abyss sold me on getting a 3DS (+ I got it when it was $80 off).