Would you pay an extra 350$ for all this?

#41DahlVaughnniPosted 12/2/2012 8:10:26 PM
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
No, because paying the extra 350 doesnt guarentee third party support

Thank you. I'm tired of making this argument in every hardware debate.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#42UniversquallPosted 12/2/2012 8:22:09 PM
Would you take back the $400+ I already wasted on the joke model?
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#43Omega_BlackPosted 12/2/2012 8:28:17 PM
No, because for $700, I could build a reasonably powerful PC, have plenty of games to play and be set for some time to come.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#44VanillaXpCPosted 12/2/2012 8:30:45 PM
This has already been attempted, Sony tried it with the PS3 and failed miserably. The system had almost no support and even fewer serious buyers when it first came out due to its extreme price tag. Spec's matter, but they need to find a median between the cost and performance. Otherwise you'll end up doing what they did, cut the price by almost 50% in its life cycle before people barely started supporting it.
#45CyhortI82Posted 12/2/2012 8:41:14 PM
No. I'd still be stuck with that god awful controller, a system that's gonna end up being full of shovelware and ports with the occasional first party game that ruins itself by trying to incorporate the terrible controller screen gimmick. I'd still get the next gen Playstation and Xbox because I like their exclusives more so really I'd be spending almost 700 dollars for the next SSB game and maybe Zelda. Not at all worth it.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#46SuperturkeysPosted 12/2/2012 8:43:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#47ZodrynPosted 12/2/2012 8:48:48 PM
I would not.

600% stronger CPU and GPU
This would be nice, and I would pay maybe $50 - $75 more for a slightly better CPU/GPU and RAM. I don't really need 600% more though.

200% faster ram and 5 GB instead of 2
See above.

75 GB storage for basic 300GB for deluxe
Totally unnecessary. I have two external hard drives already. If you don't have one, you owe it to yourself to buy one anyway.

Gamepad screen to be HD
I wouldn't mind it being 960x640 or so, but it already looks fine the way it is. Roughly the same ppi as the iPad Mini.

Gamepad streaming to extend 200 feet under ideal conditions
Also nice, but it's not a big deal for me.

DVD/blueray
Already have a 360 for DVD's, but I pretty much only use Netflix anyway. Not interested.

Gamecube backwards compatibility
I have a Wii.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#48GuitaristMattPosted 12/2/2012 9:10:28 PM
100% this guarantees a nice standing next gen. The Wii U is currently in the place of the Sega CD, where it will be left in the dust by the nextbox/ps4 (ps1 and N64)
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#49SolisPosted 12/2/2012 9:10:47 PM
cnfjti3 posted...
Why? The cost of hardware does exponentially rise the better it is. 600% increase in GPU alone would hike the price by quite a bit.

In fact I do believe a 600% increase in GPU performance might make it equivalent or better than modern day tier 1 graphic cards. That alone would increase the price by at least $300. Not to mention they have to somehow shrink that power hungry card without losing performance.

Actually the "price hike" goes in the other direction too: if you target a very low-end price point, then adding to the costs by a marginal amount can bring about exponential performance increases.

As a comparison: the GPU in the Xbox 360 likely cost around $100 to manufacture by the time the Wii was released. The Wii's GPU cost around $30 to manufacture at that time, yet was well under 1/10th as powerful. So for barely over 3 times the cost, the Xbox 360's GPU offered over 10 times the performance. That's a pretty substantial performance difference, at a comparatively low cost difference.

And while purely based on anecdotal evidence, I don't think 6 times the performance of the Wii U's GPU would be anywhere near a modern high end videocard. That would probably put it around GTX 560 levels, and a GTX 560 GPU was probably manufactured for around $100 a year ago. The Wii U has very restrictive power consumption, heat, and size profiles that it's almost certainly had to set a performance target that's very inefficient from a price/performance perspective.

There's definitely a sweet spot in regards to costs and performance of hardware. If you aim too high OR too low, you end up with diminishing returns.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#50SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/2/2012 9:19:51 PM
If that happened it would have killed Nintendo for 8th gen.

The PS4 and KineXtBox are is still a year plus away. People would have waited still. Even right now with rumor only we have people saying "Day 1" without one game announced.

People would have held out assuming the others will be more powerful, Nintendo losses millions.

There is a reason Nintendo does what they do, they can't afford to be burned.