Virtual Console...

#11rockyminPosted 12/2/2012 5:33:48 PM
TLK777 posted...
Better question here...will I be able to download old school games (Super Mario Land, Ocarina of Time, etc.) from the Wii U's shop without switching over eventually?

Even better question...Will we have to rebuy any VC games when they are on the Wii U VC? It is a different VC after all and I'm thinking we will have to rebuy.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#12JonbazookabozPosted 12/2/2012 5:34:36 PM
It would mean creating miiverse boards for all games and since none have miiverse integration, itll prob stay on wii vc where it belongs.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#13SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/2/2012 5:35:42 PM
blinkfreak posted...
johnnybazookabo posted...
The vc has always been and always will be wii only. You can play them on your wii u can u not. The wii u has eshop not vc, gamecube games will eventually be on eshop not vc. So everything on wii vc is available in wii mode on wii u

I thought they were bringing everything from Wii VC to Wii U? WIi U has eShop Wii has Shopping Channel. 3DS has eShop and 3DS VC. VC != eShop. VC is downloadable games from previous gen consoles.

And the Wii U is getting it's own. I hope you don't call yourself a Nintendo fan if you didn't even know that. It been known since last year that the Wii U would have a VC. You need to tell johnnybazookabo over there what that "VC != eShop", since he is the only one other than you that doesn't seem to know that. Since you think you are clever, know this: backward compatible Wii VC != Wii U VC. You're welcome!
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#14SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/2/2012 5:37:51 PM
rockymin posted...
TLK777 posted...
Better question here...will I be able to download old school games (Super Mario Land, Ocarina of Time, etc.) from the Wii U's shop without switching over eventually?

Even better question...Will we have to rebuy any VC games when they are on the Wii U VC? It is a different VC after all and I'm thinking we will have to rebuy.

It's assumed to be Gamecube games, and perhaps even Dreamcast games, but nothing solid has been confirmed. We will find out this month when (if) the VC launches this month.
---
#15JonbazookabozPosted 12/2/2012 5:40:05 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
blinkfreak posted...
The vc has always been and always will be wii only. You can play them on your wii u can u not. The wii u has eshop not vc, gamecube games will eventually be on eshop not vc. So everything on wii vc is available in wii mode on wii u

I thought they were bringing everything from Wii VC to Wii U? WIi U has eShop Wii has Shopping Channel. 3DS has eShop and 3DS VC. VC != eShop. VC is downloadable games from previous gen consoles.

And the Wii U is getting it's own. I hope you don't call yourself a Nintendo fan if you didn't even know that. It been known since last year that the Wii U would have a VC. You need to tell johnnybazookabo over there what that "VC != eShop", since he is the only one other than you that doesn't seem to know that. Since you think you are clever, know this: backward compatible Wii VC != Wii U VC. You're welcome!

It doesnt matter what u call it. U can still play all the vc games in the wii u. Whats the fuss. Is it really that hard to tap that wii mode button. So it may or may not be added but i dont see the point or real advantage to it.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#16DT-FoxPosted 12/2/2012 5:44:11 PM
rockymin posted...
TLK777 posted...

I wonder this too... While we may have a while to wait, I'm gonna stay optimistic and hope that Nintendo will combine all shop purchases (Wii, 3DS, and Wii U) into a single account. Considering a lot of us have our purchases linked to our Club Nintendo, I'd imagine it wouldn't be impossible to link with our Nintendo IDs (albeit a bit challenging).
---
Favorite show atm: Shirokuma Cafe
:V
#17trenkenPosted 12/2/2012 5:47:31 PM
Nintendo never confirmed the existence of a VC on the U. All Reggie ever said about it was he thought it would be nice if they could get GC games up there when he was asked about it in an interview, but didnt say it was actually coming. No date, not confirmed it will ever actually happen.

Sounded like they just didnt have time to even look into it which tells me it could be a long way off, if it ever even happens. It may not, we have no idea.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#18SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/2/2012 5:49:25 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
blinkfreak posted...

It doesnt matter what u call it. U can still play all the vc games in the wii u. Whats the fuss. Is it really that hard to tap that wii mode button. So it may or may not be added but i dont see the point or real advantage to it.

Yes, since if people want to play the Wii U VC, then tapping the Wii Mode button won't let them do that. Wii Mode is only for Wii games. Do you not understand that? The TC didn't specify which Virtual Console he meant, I give you that much, but your ignorant statement that the "VC is and always will be Wii only" is just lying since it's well known that won't be true anymore as soon as the separate Wii U VC launches. You don't work at Nintendo, so you don't need to see the point of it. I don't see the point either, since it could have been integrated, but I don't work for Nintendo myself and don't need to know the point either.
---