Turn On/Shut Down Question..

#1riou_teh_leetPosted 12/2/2012 5:57:06 PM
I never got the original Wii console and the only game I'm anticipating thus far for the Wii U is Pikmin 3 which isn't out yet. I've purchased some of the Wii games that have interested me, along with the required hardware to play them (Wii w/motion plus & nunchuck) and I've really been limited to using the original controller.

I can easily activate the console with the original Wii remote, though it always powers up the tablet controller too even though I don't even end up using it. Well, I don't care much, since it automatically shuts down after not being used. Well, when I go to turn off the Wii U console with the original Wii controller (having not touched the tablet controller the entire session) the console powers down.. but the tablet powers back up. I then have to manually shut down the tablet controller.

My question is, is there a way to shut down/power the Wii console without turning on the tablet controller? If so, how do I do it?
#2ElectricMolePosted 12/2/2012 6:15:14 PM
I dont think theres a way to not use the system without powering on the Upad. Its vital to the system menu functionality.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#3riou_teh_leet(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 6:27:47 PM
When you use the Wii controller you can select (on the bottom right hand of the corner) to switch and bring up the same menu that the tablet would use. I boot the Wii software using just the standard Wii controller w/nunchuck every time without touching the tablet controller.
#4ElectricMolePosted 12/2/2012 6:30:00 PM
hm, i gotta try this out for myself.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188