I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#101HellsingOrgPosted 12/3/2012 3:56:14 AM
Miyamoto needs to retire he makes garbage decisions now.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#102banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 4:01:17 AM
Gencoil posted...
Apparently anything that uses more than just buttons is casual. Tell me, just what is it that's so much more "hardcore" about pressing a button than actually moving your arm, reacting to your enemy's shielding and then striking from the right angle?

Maybe instead of asking that we should ask "what's so much more enjoyable about swinging your arm around, especially for those of us old enough to work for a living after coming home from a 12 hour day?" Hell, I used to swing a hammer all day. If I hate the idea of flailing around for my video games after coming home from my desk job/gym now, I can only imagine how much I would have hated it back then.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#103gikosPosted 12/3/2012 4:15:20 AM
Miyamoto needs to retire he makes garbage decisions now.

HELL NO just no we need people like him for pushing games in new way not using the same old system again and again he keeps changing the Zelda games without ruining it so he is doing good to me and other people
and i see people still hate the Wiimote meh to each to his own
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#104pbandjamesPosted 12/3/2012 4:18:27 AM
There's nothing wrong with the canon of the game, so this topic is already off to an idiotic start. Considering this game had actual character development to it compared to previous entries, and the story was actually pretty interesting.

I thought SS was alright, not bad but not great. Feel free to disagree, but realize that opinions are opinions, regardless of what you think.

The SS controls worked pretty much perfectly. There's no way you can complain about them not working, unless you were to dumb to figure out how to calibrate and move a controller like a sword. The stabbing was a little annoying, but it worked.

The puzzle-fighting for each monster wasn't that bad. It was fun in a lot of cases. There were times it could be frustrating, but for the most part I was actually surprised I enjoyed it.

The shields were fine. I was actually really annoyed that they were consumable at first, then I realized you don't even need to use them most of the time. There are really durable shields early on anyway, so they would never screw you over, and if you were really inclined you could just buy a durability potion.

Skyworld being pretty empty was quite disappointing. That's a valid complaint. The fact that there wasn't much there felt like wasted potential. Why give you a cool bird to fly when there's not much reason to fly him?

The three regions you could visit were also disappointing. The had the same feeling between dungeons in them, and they didn't feel very interesting.

The dungeons themselves were well designed, and the items were well-used for the most part. I had a lot of fun getting through dungeons, and the boss fights were pretty good. The six blade idol was especially awesome (Link picking up the sword was badass).

The music was, of course, well-done.

The NPCs actually felt like people and were distinct from one another. They felt like real people in a real Skyworld.

I really enjoyed the Sacred Realm parts. They made the area feel exciting, and it was a good challenge.

Zelda doesn't just come off as the damsel-in-distress once again.

The upgrade system was actually interesting and fun.

Fighting the Black Blob three times was annoying. Luckily, it's not that long of a boss battle.

Fi was probably the worst part of the game for me. Luckily, I played through this game with a friend, so we just made a joke of it. I'd always read it in a really dumb accented robot voice, and it was kind of funny then. It still got annoying though. Like, massively annoying. Especially because she said that she would help you, but if you did ask her stuff, she would only tell you things you already knew. What's the point? I feel like they just tried to see if they could one-up Navi, and they really did. Navi didn't talk to half as much, and wasn't actually required to be talked to as much as Fi. At least Fi is now just in the Master Sword. We won't be hearing from her ever again. We haven't from Navi, and we won't from her.

In the end, it's just disappointing from how it was touted, but it's by no means a bad game. SS is in the solid 8/10 range for sure, + or - a point depending on your legitimate experience with it.

TL;DR
I explain why SS isn't a bad game. Opinions may vary.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#105DJCactusPosted 12/3/2012 4:19:06 AM
im sorry you said "the way it was meant to be played" followed up by "with two joysticks" It has never been this case. Although motion controls totally disinterested me in the wii titles it would probably had been at least 10x cooler if you would have said "the way it was meant to be played, with a d-pad, two buttons, and mother busting 10 items that kill a corresponding boss and help proceed threw dungeons! "

Really the 3-d zeldas took the zelda world and some of the classic elements and dumbed down tomb raider. This is zelda today. I loved ocarina of time and majoras mask, i even managed to beat wind waker which tested my patience(it just wasnt that fun)

I cant really say "go back to a link to the past days" because it wont work, they kind of did it with the ds titles and plenty of great gameboy and color titles.

Shoot but if they made more titles like a link to the past i would probably buy them up.
#106DoublesoubaPosted 12/3/2012 4:38:35 AM
TheFlamingC posted...
You know, when the next game releases you'll call it crap and say Skyward Sword was the best. The Zelda fanbase is hilariously bad.

Isn't it though? I remember when people were hating on MM for the 3 day time limit, then when WW came out everyone praised MM. Then TP came out, people hated on that, and praised WW. Now the same thing is happening with SS. Sure, the controls got messed up sometimes for me in SS, but that was fixed by placing the control upside down on the table; and it didn't happen that much anyway. Was SS linear? Somewhat, but it was beautiful to look at (and after FFXIII, it felt as open as Skyrim). I personally love all the Zelda games aside from Zelda 2, and I'm sure I'll love the next one too. If it uses the gamepad, fine. If it uses the WiiMotion Plus, I'll just bust out my golden WiiMote from SS and have at it.
---
Top RPGs1)Legend of Dragoon 2)FFX 3)FFVII 4) Secret of Mana5)FFVI 6)Sword of Mana 7)Shadow Hearts 8)FFIV 9)Parasite Eve 10)FFV
#107Dave521Posted 12/3/2012 4:51:33 AM
AXKSION posted...
Omega_Black posted...
AXKSION posted...
And also, in Skyward Sword they all burn up and you do not get a permanent shield.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/Hylian_Shield

Stop lying, lol.

I finished the game and I never ever got that shield. You should have started out with it. It's freaking ridiculous I played through the entire game without a freaking shield because I was so sick of them burning up like butter.

abbyhitter posted...
TC has no taste in video games. And even if you had taste, your taste really sucks and your opinions are bad and wrong!

If you like SS you are the one with bad taste and bad awful opinions.

If your shield kept burning/getting broken, you were doing something wrong.

And you have no right to tell anyone about how bad their taste and opinions are. No one does.
#108EvilSock1990Posted 12/3/2012 4:52:39 AM
Doublesouba posted...
TheFlamingC posted...
You know, when the next game releases you'll call it crap and say Skyward Sword was the best. The Zelda fanbase is hilariously bad.

Isn't it though? I remember when people were hating on MM for the 3 day time limit, then when WW came out everyone praised MM. Then TP came out, people hated on that, and praised WW. Now the same thing is happening with SS. Sure, the controls got messed up sometimes for me in SS, but that was fixed by placing the control upside down on the table; and it didn't happen that much anyway. Was SS linear? Somewhat, but it was beautiful to look at (and after FFXIII, it felt as open as Skyrim). I personally love all the Zelda games aside from Zelda 2, and I'm sure I'll love the next one too. If it uses the gamepad, fine. If it uses the WiiMotion Plus, I'll just bust out my golden WiiMote from SS and have at it.

dude........ are you my clone cause i feel the exact same way.
---
Brought to you by PlayStation Vita Cinema snack Fun Land - Gotta breed 'em all.
I'm kinda sticky from the charmander thing. -Socky
#109GencoilPosted 12/3/2012 5:08:54 AM
banzaiheil posted...
Maybe instead of asking that we should ask "what's so much more enjoyable about swinging your arm around, especially for those of us old enough to work for a living after coming home from a 12 hour day?" Hell, I used to swing a hammer all day. If I hate the idea of flailing around for my video games after coming home from my desk job/gym now, I can only imagine how much I would have hated it back then.

But how else are they going to make the sword controls work? Explain how they would do it without motion controls, while still being able to slash from different angles.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#110JawnuthunPosted 12/3/2012 5:31:09 AM
AXKSION posted...
you have to play some survival mode thing. i didn't like the game enough to do everything in it. in fact, it took at least a year and a half for me to finish the game because i lost interest like 4+ times and had to keep coming back after weeks off from not playing it.

Riiiight. It's only been out about a year and three weeks (at most).
---
[3DS Friend Code] - 2836-0116-2605 // [PSN ID--Now also NNID!--] - Jawnuhthun // [XBL Gamertag] - JawnUltima // [Steam ID] - PirateJawn