I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#121banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 6:29:01 AM(edited)
40Dribylf posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0

Irrelevant to me, because my experience was a whole lot closer to Miyamoto's.

link5003 posted...
Did you link to the interviews of the people that played the game after he showed it on stage. Every single one of them said they worked just as should. I have the game, and nothing short of using the d-pad or (rarely) recalibrating.

Why would I? See above.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#122godplaysSNESPosted 12/3/2012 6:28:47 AM
Zelda SS was great
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#123GencoilPosted 12/3/2012 6:29:17 AM
banzaiheil posted...
However, if you absolutely MUST have that in there because you're required to or something, then include Classic Controller support. Simply moving the right analog stick in the desired direction could swipe in that direction, spinning the stick would circle the sword, etc. Not that hard to come up with, and probably more accurate.

Perhaps, but since you have a much smaller space for moving Link's arm you'd probably lose some of the subtle motions that are possible with motion controls. The bug net would be harder to use, you wouldn't be able to shoot arrows as fast and accurately. Also, imagine how many buttons you'd need to perform all the various actions.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#124link5003Posted 12/3/2012 6:34:39 AM
banzaiheil posted...
40Dribylf posted...

link5003 posted...
Did you link to the interviews of the people that played the game after he showed it on stage. Every single one of them said they worked just as should. I have the game, and nothing short of using the d-pad or (rarely) recalibrating.

Why would I? See above.

How come the controls worked perfect for me. The tech just doesn't work for some and then not work for others.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#125ThreinfhirPosted 12/3/2012 6:35:12 AM
Keep in mind that fact that the Wii U gamepad was partly designed around the next Zelda game. The only way I can think that they would implement motion controls is in the same way that Ocarina used them on the 3DS, with the gyroscope.

Just an educated guess.
#126NightsOwlPosted 12/3/2012 6:35:22 AM
Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda.

Come at me, bro.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#127gikosPosted 12/3/2012 6:36:06 AM
the shield breaking thing was a good idea to me.it gave the sense that you had to pay attention to each fight you take on and dodge them right and also with time you get used to the Wiimot the shield breaking won't be a problem but of course the game is not prefect and there is a boss that will piss you off but SS is not worse than CDi Zelda now that game...yeah just check it out you will know which Zelda game was the worst
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#128link5003Posted 12/3/2012 6:38:20 AM
NightsOwl posted...
Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda.

Come at me, bro.

You have a good opinion.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#129gikosPosted 12/3/2012 6:44:34 AM
'hi fives NightsOwl'
agreed and also agree with new Breath of Fire and i hope they use the DQ system haters be damned i loved that game
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#130banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 6:45:24 AM
link5003 posted...
banzaiheil posted...
40Dribylf posted...

link5003 posted...

Why would I? See above.

How come the controls worked perfect for me. The tech just doesn't work for some and then not work for others.

What happened to Miyamoto then? That was 2 weeks before the game went gold, so it wasn't that it was early tech. Maybe he was dealing with a lot of wireless interference. Maybe there is a comparable amount of that where I live. Am I supposed to move to play this game? I don't know why you're arguing that it worked for you. I don't doubt that it did. My point is that it clearly didn't work for everybody, unlike more traditional control schemes.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!