I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#131Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/3/2012 6:50:01 AM
AXKSION posted...
Omega_Black posted...
AXKSION posted...
And also, in Skyward Sword they all burn up and you do not get a permanent shield.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/Hylian_Shield

Stop lying, lol.

I finished the game and I never ever got that shield. You should have started out with it. It's freaking ridiculous I played through the entire game without a freaking shield because I was so sick of them burning up like butter.

If they kept "burning up" then you clearly were not using shields appropriately. I guess the real reason you hate this is because they finally put some semblance of difficulty and tactics. You might want to steer clear of hardcore games like SMT titles; you'd probably curl up in a fetal position and cry because there's no "I win!" button.
#132banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 6:50:43 AM
Gencoil posted...
banzaiheil posted...
However, if you absolutely MUST have that in there because you're required to or something, then include Classic Controller support. Simply moving the right analog stick in the desired direction could swipe in that direction, spinning the stick would circle the sword, etc. Not that hard to come up with, and probably more accurate.

Perhaps, but since you have a much smaller space for moving Link's arm you'd probably lose some of the subtle motions that are possible with motion controls. The bug net would be harder to use, you wouldn't be able to shoot arrows as fast and accurately. Also, imagine how many buttons you'd need to perform all the various actions.

Controls that worked 100% for me at the possible cost of reduced arrow speed or subtle sword movements? I'd live.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#133link5003Posted 12/3/2012 6:57:33 AM
banzaiheil posted...
link5003 posted...
banzaiheil posted...
40Dribylf posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0

Irrelevant to me, because my experience was a whole lot closer to Miyamoto's.

link5003 posted...
Did you link to the interviews of the people that played the game after he showed it on stage. Every single one of them said they worked just as should. I have the game, and nothing short of using the d-pad or (rarely) recalibrating.

Why would I? See above.

How come the controls worked perfect for me. The tech just doesn't work for some and then not work for others.

What happened to Miyamoto then? That was 2 weeks before the game went gold, so it wasn't that it was early tech. Maybe he was dealing with a lot of wireless interference. Maybe there is a comparable amount of that where I live. Am I supposed to move to play this game? I don't know why you're arguing that it worked for you. I don't doubt that it did. My point is that it clearly didn't work for everybody, unlike more traditional control schemes.

Ok, but what I'm saying is that I'd like it to at least be optional to play with Wii Remote next Zelda. I understand that your not the one saying it ,but OP is, and I hate that he's against it being even a possibility.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#134chestershadowPosted 12/3/2012 7:01:30 AM(edited)
No offense TC, but TP was largely considered garbage compared to SS. The controls were much better in SS(I know you said the gc version, but my biggest issues with TP weren't about the controls). I really didnt have an issue with the controls for either game using the wiimote&nunchuk, although SS was substantially better thanks to motion+

The story was boring, the characters were bland/uninspired (even for a Zelda game), Midna was even more worthless than Tatl from Majora's Mask, the villain and everything that transpired because of him was incredibly predictable from the very first scene all the way to the end, and the gameplay specific to TP regardless of platform was uninspired/shallow (total linearity with those awfully monotonous bug collecting quests repeatedly being used as one of the main ways to progress the story, wolf-form being only for linear segments, should have gone the Majora's mask route where changing forms was controllable. Big opportunity missed to make the gameworld and exploration nearly double in size).

That being said, my opinion shouldnt sway your like of TP, but TP is like the red headed step child that is not spoken of. Better than being the blacksheep of the series (those awful CDi Zeldas....)
#135GencoilPosted 12/3/2012 7:04:11 AM
banzaiheil posted...
Controls that worked 100% for me at the possible cost of reduced arrow speed or subtle sword movements? I'd live.

You'd live, but what about the hundreds of other players who may not be able to deal with such a complicated control scheme? Nintendo's mission with Wii has been to simplify controls and make them more intuitive without having to memorize lots of buttons. Everyone knows how to swing a sword, everyone knows how to make a forward-stabbing motion. This way people get to react with their instincts rather than pressing buttons at the right time.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#136gikosPosted 12/3/2012 7:07:26 AM
ahh what do you mean 'where changing forms was controllable.' cuz it is
btw don't take it the wrong way i am just asking besides if you didn't like TP ok to each to his own
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#137banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 7:11:16 AM
Gencoil posted...
banzaiheil posted...

You'd live, but what about the hundreds of other players who may not be able to deal with such a complicated control scheme? Nintendo's mission with Wii has been to simplify controls and make them more intuitive without having to memorize lots of buttons. Everyone knows how to swing a sword, everyone knows how to make a forward-stabbing motion. This way people get to react with their instincts rather than pressing buttons at the right time.

So have the option. Control Scheme A, Control Scheme B.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#138ADHDguitarPosted 12/3/2012 7:16:30 AM
Why would anyone want to downgrade Zelda to only "Superb"?

Singling out the best game in the series? Tsk tsk.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#139JackelofAHPosted 12/3/2012 7:49:47 AM
"with two analog sticks and buttons"

I'm fairly certain no zelda in the history of ever has used 2 analog sticks.
---
FFVI>FFIX>FFX>FFXIII>FFVII>FFIV>FFV>FFXII>FFVIII>FFII>FFI>FFIII
#14040DribylfPosted 12/3/2012 7:54:11 AM
JackelofAH posted...
"with two analog sticks and buttons"

I'm fairly certain no zelda in the history of ever has used 2 analog sticks.

The Wind Waker and the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess.

One for movement, one for camera.

Yes, the c-stick is an analog stick
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990