I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#141unnamedFerPosted 12/3/2012 7:58:38 AM
Have yet to try SS (got it but no motion+ yet), so in the meantime TP is the weakest entry for me.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#1421shadetail1Posted 12/3/2012 8:11:25 AM(edited)
banzaiheil posted...
What happened to Miyamoto then? That was 2 weeks before the game went gold, so it wasn't that it was early tech. Maybe he was dealing with a lot of wireless interference. Maybe there is a comparable amount of that where I live. Am I supposed to move to play this game? I don't know why you're arguing that it worked for you. I don't doubt that it did. My point is that it clearly didn't work for everybody, unlike more traditional control schemes.

1. It was established a long time ago that Miyamoto's trouble was severe wireless interference.

2. If your problem really is wireless interference, then the *wireless* dual analog controllers won't work for you either.

3. "Traditional" control schemes don't work for everyone. The claim that they do is just laughably false.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#143chestershadowPosted 12/3/2012 8:07:30 AM
gikos posted...
ahh what do you mean 'where changing forms was controllable.' cuz it is
btw don't take it the wrong way i am just asking besides if you didn't like TP ok to each to his own

It wasnt controllable in the same sense as Majora where you could equip and unequip a mask in almost any given situation vs being forced into werewolf form for specific segments of the game, and only those specific segments.
#144gikosPosted 12/3/2012 8:14:14 AM
true but you do get the option to turn into wolf form anytime and that is after you get the master sword i won't disagree with you.you have a right to get annoyed at it besides is all ways good to see more fans of MM;D
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#145banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 8:22:29 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
banzaiheil posted...
What happened to Miyamoto then? That was 2 weeks before the game went gold, so it wasn't that it was early tech. Maybe he was dealing with a lot of wireless interference. Maybe there is a comparable amount of that where I live. Am I supposed to move to play this game? I don't know why you're arguing that it worked for you. I don't doubt that it did. My point is that it clearly didn't work for everybody, unlike more traditional control schemes.

1. It was established a long time ago that Miyamoto's trouble was severe wireless interference.

Don't think I said anything otherwise. So... your point?

2. If your problem really is wireless interference, then the *wireless* dual analog controllers won't work for you either.

While I don't claim to know for sure that interference is what caused my problems, going under the pretense that it was I find it interesting that my other controls wouldn't work. So I guess I wasn't really playing other games like Mario Galaxy 1/2, NSMBW, plus all the other games that I thought I was playing. Nope, just sat there pressing buttons and nothing happening.

3. "Traditional" control schemes don't work for everyone. The claim that they do is just laughably false.

I'm not 100% sure your read that line in the way I meant it. I didn't mean that it suits everyone's preferences, I meant the button/response works like it's supposed to all the time, unless the controller is going bad or the game itself is just prgrammed like s***.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#146unnamedFerPosted 12/3/2012 8:27:15 AM(edited)
Tough after the mandatory segment where youmust be a wolf, its completely useless. Not even fun as theres not a crazy lot of animals to talk with outside of towns.

Not to mention they killed the exploration in Tp since most secret holes just have money, and for the heart pieces you can just ask a fortunteller to show you the location.
The difficulty gets stuck at what it was from the first dungeon, probably worse since the game aids in places where its already easy to do by yourself.

It was pretty much a fanwank game catering to those who wanted more OoT and darker storyline (read: cutscenes with text in olde english and laughing people flaoting on a black background for no reason)
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#147smajerePosted 12/3/2012 8:50:34 AM
Canon?? It's the same freaking plotline every game. Ganon want's the triforce. Some elf named Link goes on a journey and defeats him.

You can't have canon when you repeat the same storyline over and over.
#148RusmurfPosted 12/3/2012 8:55:37 AM
I love Zelda, freaking love Zelda, but the controls on SS were a marketing gimmick. You could still trick it to swing in the wrong direction. It's not something the Move or Kinect can do either, because the Input delay is just to large right now. Hopefully someone understands that last part.
#149fon1988Posted 12/3/2012 8:57:03 AM
At first I had a hard time getting into Skyward Sword but when it "clicked" it was amazing. It's one of my favorite Zelda games of all time.
#1501shadetail1Posted 12/3/2012 9:01:00 AM
banzaiheil posted...
Don't think I said anything otherwise. So... your point?

You certainly implied otherwise with your smart-assed comments. What was *your* point?

While I don't claim to know for sure that interference is what caused my problems, going under the pretense that it was I find it interesting that my other controls wouldn't work. So I guess I wasn't really playing other games like Mario Galaxy 1/2, NSMBW, plus all the other games that I thought I was playing. Nope, just sat there pressing buttons and nothing happening.

So if it wasn't wireless interference, then you really have no excuse for your claim that the Skyward Sword controls weren't working. The only other option is that you were doing something wrong.

I'm not 100% sure your read that line in the way I meant it. I didn't mean that it suits everyone's preferences, I meant the button/response works like it's supposed to all the time, unless the controller is going bad or the game itself is just prgrammed like s***.

Even if you were right (except that buttons and sticks *don't* work like they're supposed to all the time), it's beside the point anyway. You have created an artificial difference between that and Skyward Sword's motion controls. The motion controls work fine *if you use them properly*, and there is video proof of it. This, just for one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.