I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#151RedOrionPosted 12/3/2012 9:04:52 AM
smajere posted...
Canon?? It's the same freaking plotline every game. Ganon want's the triforce. Some elf named Link goes on a journey and defeats him.

You can't have canon when you repeat the same storyline over and over.

I suggest you watch this: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/en597n/timeline-the-legend-of-zelda
#152Master_M64Posted 12/3/2012 9:44:27 AM(edited)
Robot_Soopa posted...
AXKSION posted...
Skeward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda though, followed by MM.

lel.

Calling Skyward Sword bad was already hilarious.

But saying MM is anything other than the best or at least top 3 is just another level of comedy.

I mean, I haven't played SS, but MM is my favorite Zelda. SO GOOD

DON'T HATE ON MM PLS
---
"AND LO! Mackenzie Nettles thusly approached!"- CeliaOfTheSky
http://www.last.fm/user/Mack64
#153DTY3Posted 12/3/2012 9:46:27 AM
What does Skyward Sword being canon have to do with the quality and gameplay of future titles?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#154DougyBPosted 12/3/2012 9:54:13 AM
I can already picture Miyamoto coming out at next E3 and showing how the gamepad will be the shield to the wiimote sword.

That just feels exactly like something they would do.
---
b
#155DynheartPosted 12/3/2012 9:58:08 AM
OK. I've seen a plenty of SS bash threads/posts. Especially from this dude.

You don't like it, big deal...no one cares honestly. But I'll bite.

Skyward Sword was a great game. The best Zelda game? No. A Link to the Past still hold that title in my opinion.

As for the motion controls. I really don't know what you're getting on about; or the people complaining that they were bad. The game was programmed to do certain motions to do certain attacks. Once you figured that out, never did I have issues with the controls again.

Ever.

Or did the people that I watch do let's plays. Or the people I personally know. Just ragers, like yourself, you hate the game, and motion controls. Was your set up bad/incorrect? I'm sure you will say it was calibrated by a team of experts. Were you waggling the controller? I'm sure you will tell me no. Then why did I, my wife and my 14 year old son have no issues with the controls? This boggles my mind.

As for the game to be not canon? It was one of the more well written Zelda's in the series. Link actually had a personality. The connection between Link and Zelda was nice. And the overall characters and story had a sense of emotion that was never really betrayed in any other Zelda game. For the series, this was a step forward.

This was a great game. But let's not kid ourselves. Not every Zelda made was superb....
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#156banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 9:58:21 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
banzaiheil posted...
Don't think I said anything otherwise. So... your point?

You certainly implied otherwise with your smart-assed comments. What was *your* point?

While I don't claim to know for sure that interference is what caused my problems, going under the pretense that it was I find it interesting that my other controls wouldn't work. So I guess I wasn't really playing other games like Mario Galaxy 1/2, NSMBW, plus all the other games that I thought I was playing. Nope, just sat there pressing buttons and nothing happening.

So if it wasn't wireless interference, then you really have no excuse for your claim that the Skyward Sword controls weren't working. The only other option is that you were doing something wrong.

I'm not 100% sure your read that line in the way I meant it. I didn't mean that it suits everyone's preferences, I meant the button/response works like it's supposed to all the time, unless the controller is going bad or the game itself is just prgrammed like s***.

Even if you were right (except that buttons and sticks *don't* work like they're supposed to all the time), it's beside the point anyway. You have created an artificial difference between that and Skyward Sword's motion controls. The motion controls work fine *if you use them properly*, and there is video proof of it. This, just for one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0

I'm not clicking the link. I've already stated previously that I believe the controls work fine for most. That has zero bearing on my experience with them.

So now the ONLY possibility is that I was doing it wrong. That's fine if you want to believe that, it's not like I can prove it otherwise, and I have nothing to prove to you anyways. My experience sucked with the Wii Remote (and mind you I never limited this to just Zelda.) It's sucked for ALL motion controlled games. Not just a remote here and there, but all five that I owned over the course of the system's life, including the gold Wii Remote+ that came with Zelda. I know I can't prove this to you, but I'm not exactly a "technologically challenged" individual. I know how these things are supposed to work. I can read and comprehend their instructions. What I'm saying is that my experience with it was poor, regardless of what I tried. And in the times that it did do what it was supposed to, I didn't enjoy it.

I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for you and some of the others to grasp. You act as if my dislike of these controls has some sort of bearing on your life, and that if you tell me I'm wrong enough times I'll start to believe it. I don't want to turn this into a console war, but all I'm trying to say is my Dualshock 3 NEVER FAILS to input properly. Same with the controllers for PS2, Gamecube, N64, PS1, SNES, and NES. Hell I never had any issue with the Wii Classic Controller, but it's not like it was well supported for me to really test it hard. The Wii Remote is the first and only controller to give me trouble, using an input method that I don't even find enjoyable. Period.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#157Robot_SoopaPosted 12/3/2012 11:21:36 AM
banzaiheil posted...
So now the ONLY possibility is that I was doing it wrong. That's fine if you want to believe that, it's not like I can prove it otherwise, and I have nothing to prove to you anyways. My experience sucked with the Wii Remote (and mind you I never limited this to just Zelda.) It's sucked for ALL motion controlled games. Not just a remote here and there, but all five that I owned over the course of the system's life, including the gold Wii Remote+ that came with Zelda. I know I can't prove this to you, but I'm not exactly a "technologically challenged" individual. I know how these things are supposed to work. I can read and comprehend their instructions. What I'm saying is that my experience with it was poor, regardless of what I tried. And in the times that it did do what it was supposed to, I didn't enjoy it.

Here's something you might want to consider. If EVERY motion control game isn't working for you UH DURR it's clearly your fault. Whether you're having spastic seizures while trying to play, have your sensor bar in a bad place or even have a dusty ass sensor bar. The fact that no motion control game has worked means it's your fault. The experience was poor because of you. In no way does it reflect on Skyward Sword. It's not "believe that if you want to." You're in denial if you somehow think you've had multiple controllers and multiple games, no a single one has worked and it still isn't your fault.
#158BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 11:28:54 AM
Gencoil posted...
banzaiheil posted...
Controls that worked 100% for me at the possible cost of reduced arrow speed or subtle sword movements? I'd live.

You'd live, but what about the hundreds of other players who may not be able to deal with such a complicated control scheme? Nintendo's mission with Wii has been to simplify controls and make them more intuitive without having to memorize lots of buttons. Everyone knows how to swing a sword, everyone knows how to make a forward-stabbing motion. This way people get to react with their instincts rather than pressing buttons at the right time.

You mean gamers, who have spent their entire lives pressing buttons at the right time? "Press the A button to swing your sword" is simple. "Waggle the Wiimote to swing your sword" is complicated, especially when you have to do it in a specific way with a specific timing or else enemies will magically block your every attack. You could say it's more immersive, but lack of any sort of force feedback limits that to the negligible.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#159Robot_SoopaPosted 12/3/2012 1:34:13 PM
Buretsu posted...
You mean gamers, who have spent their entire lives pressing buttons at the right time? "Press the A button to swing your sword" is simple. "Waggle the Wiimote to swing your sword" is complicated, especially when you have to do it in a specific way with a specific timing or else enemies will magically block your every attack. You could say it's more immersive, but lack of any sort of force feedback limits that to the negligible.

Z Target, L Shield, Strafe with stick, push forward and A is a lot more difficult than swing your sword to attack and this is coming from someone who loves button gaming and is not a big fan of motion controls at all.

And I'm getting tired of this MAGICALLY BLOCK EVERY ATTACK. It's such an extreme exaggeration. The only time an enemy blocks your every attack in Skyward Sword is in fights like Ghirahim where if you telegraph your attack Ghirahim will follow your sword. The Bokoblins either blocked vertically or horizontally and you responded with the opposite. It's not magic that an enemy can block vertical attacks if he's holding his sword out horizontally.

You want to talk about enemies magically blocking every attack? Try every 3D Zelda game before Skyward Sword. Enemies that aren't completely helpless end up completely invulnerable to every attack until they make a ridiculously obvious and exploitable attack and then they go back to being impervious to all attacks.
#160BuretsuPosted 12/3/2012 1:43:48 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Buretsu posted...

Z Target, L Shield, Strafe with stick, push forward and A is a lot more difficult than swing your sword to attack and this is coming from someone who loves button gaming and is not a big fan of motion controls at all.

As opposed to B Target, Nunchuck Shield, Strafe with stick, figure out which of the 9 sword attacks you can make won't be blocked by the enemy and swing your sword accordingly? Let's try to be at least a little evenhanded in our comparisons, shall we?

You want to talk about enemies magically blocking every attack? Try every 3D Zelda game before Skyward Sword. Enemies that aren't completely helpless end up completely invulnerable to every attack until they make a ridiculously obvious and exploitable attack and then they go back to being impervious to all attacks.

You mean the exact same thing that Skyward Sword enemies do?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit