I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#161mjc0961Posted 12/3/2012 1:47:07 PM
This is why trolling thrives on GameFAQs (aside from useless mods, anyway): you people never learn not to feed them.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#162Xcalibur02Posted 12/3/2012 1:47:22 PM
AXKSION posted...
Virus66 posted...
Regardless whether a few very vocal people like motion or not, the controls were just fine.

No they weren't.

Also, the Wii U uses a tablet controller, and so will Zelda Wii U.

slickvic1990 posted...
i thought SS WAS superb. second fav Zelda after Majora's Mask. to each his own I guess

Skeward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda though, followed by MM.

I don't usually say this, but you have horrible tastes.

That just my opinion though.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#163Xcalibur02Posted 12/3/2012 1:56:28 PM
AXKSION posted...
Omega_Black posted...
AXKSION posted...
And also, in Skyward Sword they all burn up and you do not get a permanent shield.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/Hylian_Shield

Stop lying, lol.

I finished the game and I never ever got that shield. You should have started out with it. It's freaking ridiculous I played through the entire game without a freaking shield because I was so sick of them burning up like butter.

abbyhitter posted...
TC has no taste in video games. And even if you had taste, your taste really sucks and your opinions are bad and wrong!

If you like SS you are the one with bad taste and bad awful opinions.

This post just reeks of unfounded hate. Both OoT and TP had wooden shields that burned up.

The only shield that burned up in in SS was um...oh yeah, the wooden shield. If you had bother to play the game, you would have found out that there was an iron shield and sacred shield that regenerates, both of which you don't have to play a boss rush to unlock.

I don't think you've play Skyward Sword.
---
#164Xcalibur02Posted 12/3/2012 2:30:52 PM
unnamedFer posted...
Have yet to try SS (got it but no motion+ yet), so in the meantime TP is the weakest entry for me.

What are you waiting for?
---
#165bluestreaker101Posted 12/3/2012 2:34:58 PM
Ugh. Why does everyone complain about Skyward Sword? It was an awesome game, one of the best sound tracks, great characters, and possibly the most epic final battle ever.
#166AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 3:11:59 PM
bluestreaker101 posted...
Ugh. Why does everyone complain about Skyward Sword? It was an awesome game, one of the best sound tracks, great characters, and possibly the most epic final battle ever.

Yeah, the final boss was cool.

And I complain about the game because Fi is the worst character ever, the game is severely watered down / dumbed down / casualized, the game is incredibly linear (WTF, a Zelda game is not supposed to be linear. although compared to FFXIII as someone else said, the game seems open world like Skyrim and GTA). Skyloft was meh, etc. Had a cool plot twist or two.

Just the motion controls and Fi really ruined the game for me, mostly.

Xcalibur02 posted...
The only shield that burned up in in SS was um...oh yeah, the wooden shield. If you had bother to play the game, you would have found out that there was an iron shield and sacred shield that regenerates, both of which you don't have to play a boss rush to unlock.

I don't think you've play Skyward Sword.

Ahhhh, another one of those "IF YOU NO LIEK IT, YOU NEVER PLAYED IT!" types of arguments. Those are really stale and cliche.

The iron and sacred shield both break. I broke an iron shield, or I think that's what it was, and it was beyond repair, so I was just like f*** it, I'm playing through the game without a shield. Didn't want to use walk throughs to figure out how to get the Hylian shield. I heard it was a pain in the ass to get too.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#167mcsmellingtonPosted 12/3/2012 3:44:16 PM
What does the canon have to do with this though? I dislike the gameplay as much as you do, but they made a major step in story telling and character (for Nintendo). The gameplay has no bearing on that.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#168AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 3:47:47 PM
mcsmellington posted...
What does the canon have to do with this though? I dislike the gameplay as much as you do, but they made a major step in story telling and character (for Nintendo). The gameplay has no bearing on that.

I don't want to think of Fi being inside the Master Sword (I now hate the Master Sword) for all the other games.

Also, since the story is so half assed in SS, I'm hoping they won't half ass the story in newer games. Sure, SS had a nice plot twist or two, but I was generally unimpressed.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#169mcsmellingtonPosted 12/3/2012 4:08:25 PM
AXKSION posted...
mcsmellington posted...

I don't want to think of Fi being inside the Master Sword (I now hate the Master Sword) for all the other games.

Also, since the story is so half assed in SS, I'm hoping they won't half ass the story in newer games. Sure, SS had a nice plot twist or two, but I was generally unimpressed.

How was the story worse than TP though, for example? Ironically I think I agree with you about TP, it's definitely one my favourite 3D Zelda, and Link's Awakening is my favourite 2D.

As great as TP was though, the story was pretty meh, much like most of the other Zelda games. Nintendo struggle with giving the series a decent plot and characters, which is why that was the most impressive thing about SS, they made a genuine effort to do something other than the standard Ganondorf story from the other games.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#170banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 4:40:26 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
banzaiheil posted...
So now the ONLY possibility is that I was doing it wrong. That's fine if you want to believe that, it's not like I can prove it otherwise, and I have nothing to prove to you anyways. My experience sucked with the Wii Remote (and mind you I never limited this to just Zelda.) It's sucked for ALL motion controlled games. Not just a remote here and there, but all five that I owned over the course of the system's life, including the gold Wii Remote+ that came with Zelda. I know I can't prove this to you, but I'm not exactly a "technologically challenged" individual. I know how these things are supposed to work. I can read and comprehend their instructions. What I'm saying is that my experience with it was poor, regardless of what I tried. And in the times that it did do what it was supposed to, I didn't enjoy it.

Here's something you might want to consider. If EVERY motion control game isn't working for you UH DURR it's clearly your fault. Whether you're having spastic seizures while trying to play, have your sensor bar in a bad place or even have a dusty ass sensor bar. The fact that no motion control game has worked means it's your fault. The experience was poor because of you. In no way does it reflect on Skyward Sword. It's not "believe that if you want to." You're in denial if you somehow think you've had multiple controllers and multiple games, no a single one has worked and it still isn't your fault.

Or the Wii is crappy tech with conditional circumstances. I shouldn't have to rearrange my entire house to play it, or move to a new house with less interference in the environment, or what have you. The Wii is simply inferior in that regard, because no other system in my 25 years of gaming have had any issue. It's NOT my fault that the Wii requires conditions that I can not provide. And again, for the millionth time, even if they are working 100%, I still don't like them.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!