I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#171domranguayPosted 12/3/2012 5:45:07 PM(edited)
banzaiheil posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
banzaiheil posted...
So now the ONLY possibility is that I was doing it wrong. That's fine if you want to believe that, it's not like I can prove it otherwise, and I have nothing to prove to you anyways. My experience sucked with the Wii Remote (and mind you I never limited this to just Zelda.) It's sucked for ALL motion controlled games. Not just a remote here and there, but all five that I owned over the course of the system's life, including the gold Wii Remote+ that came with Zelda. I know I can't prove this to you, but I'm not exactly a "technologically challenged" individual. I know how these things are supposed to work. I can read and comprehend their instructions. What I'm saying is that my experience with it was poor, regardless of what I tried. And in the times that it did do what it was supposed to, I didn't enjoy it.

Here's something you might want to consider. If EVERY motion control game isn't working for you UH DURR it's clearly your fault. Whether you're having spastic seizures while trying to play, have your sensor bar in a bad place or even have a dusty ass sensor bar. The fact that no motion control game has worked means it's your fault. The experience was poor because of you. In no way does it reflect on Skyward Sword. It's not "believe that if you want to." You're in denial if you somehow think you've had multiple controllers and multiple games, no a single one has worked and it still isn't your fault.

Or the Wii is crappy tech with conditional circumstances. I shouldn't have to rearrange my entire house to play it, or move to a new house with less interference in the environment, or what have you. The Wii is simply inferior in that regard, because no other system in my 25 years of gaming have had any issue. It's NOT my fault that the Wii requires conditions that I can not provide. And again, for the millionth time, even if they are working 100%, I still don't like them.

-If the other wireless pads for the other consoles works fine then it isn't interference causing the problem
-If the controls work perfectly for many other people it isn't the game or controls causing the problem
-If you have the same issue with multiple Wiimotes it isn't a faulty Wiimote causing the problem

If you can't get the controls to work then you are doing something wrong. You not being good at using motion controls is the only thing that could be causing your problem.

I agree that there should be an option for traditional controls for the games if possible but saying that motion controls are bad and don't work just because you aren't good at using them is stupid.

Edit:
I shouldn't have to rearrange my entire house to play it

If you need to rearrange a room, let alone your whole house, to play the Wii you're definitely doing something wrong...
#172darkjedilinkPosted 12/3/2012 5:45:45 PM
banzaiheil posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
banzaiheil posted...
So now the ONLY possibility is that I was doing it wrong. That's fine if you want to believe that, it's not like I can prove it otherwise, and I have nothing to prove to you anyways. My experience sucked with the Wii Remote (and mind you I never limited this to just Zelda.) It's sucked for ALL motion controlled games. Not just a remote here and there, but all five that I owned over the course of the system's life, including the gold Wii Remote+ that came with Zelda. I know I can't prove this to you, but I'm not exactly a "technologically challenged" individual. I know how these things are supposed to work. I can read and comprehend their instructions. What I'm saying is that my experience with it was poor, regardless of what I tried. And in the times that it did do what it was supposed to, I didn't enjoy it.

Here's something you might want to consider. If EVERY motion control game isn't working for you UH DURR it's clearly your fault. Whether you're having spastic seizures while trying to play, have your sensor bar in a bad place or even have a dusty ass sensor bar. The fact that no motion control game has worked means it's your fault. The experience was poor because of you. In no way does it reflect on Skyward Sword. It's not "believe that if you want to." You're in denial if you somehow think you've had multiple controllers and multiple games, no a single one has worked and it still isn't your fault.

Or the Wii is crappy tech with conditional circumstances. I shouldn't have to rearrange my entire house to play it, or move to a new house with less interference in the environment, or what have you. The Wii is simply inferior in that regard, because no other system in my 25 years of gaming have had any issue. It's NOT my fault that the Wii requires conditions that I can not provide. And again, for the millionth time, even if they are working 100%, I still don't like them.

Since the Wii Remote uses Bluetooth, which is very resistant to interference, I doubt it was interference.

You just suck with the controller. Deal with it.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#173Canas_RenvallPosted 12/3/2012 5:45:48 PM
Made it to page 4 and stopped. All of this "you're not allowed to have an opinion because I don't like what you like" nonsense...

Also, man I sure am excited for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate...
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#174crowkillersPosted 12/3/2012 5:46:48 PM
As long as the next Zelda isn't as linear as it was in SS(which I did love by the way) I'll be happy...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#175Xenesis XenonPosted 12/3/2012 5:51:45 PM
Skyward sword needed less tutorial and needed to just let you play the game. Throw people into the deep end. I got legitimately bored due to the endless tutorialising.

The intro section is what, 30 mins, an hour to the first dungeon?
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#176LUlGIPosted 12/3/2012 5:54:47 PM
ITT: A game's relevance to it's timeline is important for whether or not the future games will be good.
#177Robot_SoopaPosted 12/3/2012 7:19:25 PM
banzaiheil posted...

We're talking about the quality of Skyward Sword in this topic.

None of that is relevant.

Plenty of people don't like the Xbox controller and feel it is too bulky. Doesn't make Halo a bad game.
#178banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 8:22:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]