I hope Skyward Sword was not canon, so that Zelda can go back to being superb.

#71mcsmellingtonPosted 12/3/2012 12:44:14 AM
While I wouldn't complain about the game being linear or casual, I do agree that th motion controls ruined it, for me anyway.

They were so finicky, i just couldn't be bothered to finish the game because of them. Every sword fight looked ridiculous with enemies dancing on the spot, blocking every attack with lightning fast reflexes. Flying the bird and the little bug thing with the motion control sucked too. I just don't enjoy motion controls, and hope they leave them out next time.

In fact, I'd be happy with the main game playable with the gamepad, then a 2nd player controlling a Navi style character with the pointer, to collect rupees or stuff.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#72johnluke728Posted 12/3/2012 12:58:44 AM
mcsmellington posted...
While I wouldn't complain about the game being linear or casual, I do agree that th motion controls ruined it, for me anyway.

They were so finicky, i just couldn't be bothered to finish the game because of them. Every sword fight looked ridiculous with enemies dancing on the spot, blocking every attack with lightning fast reflexes. Flying the bird and the little bug thing with the motion control sucked too. I just don't enjoy motion controls, and hope they leave them out next time.

In fact, I'd be happy with the main game playable with the gamepad, then a 2nd player controlling a Navi style character with the pointer, to collect rupees or stuff.

Wow, somebody was actually constructive in their criticism of Skyward Sword in this topic! :O Most of the enemies effortlessly blocking your every move was pretty ridiculous, and the bird wasn't too bad, IMO, but the beetle, ouch. My hand was always uncomfortable guiding that thing around accurately; the movements were so sluggish and floaty. It was the one item I really didn't like in SS. XD
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#73sonicfanaticjtbPosted 12/3/2012 12:59:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YY54RI5YY

Nintendo has not made a bad Zelda game, period. Have they made flawed Zelda games? sure. AOL is generally considered to be way to difficult, OoT had really repetitive puzzles imo (come at me, bros! ), TWW had that damned triforce quest, TP could have made better use of it's items outside of dungeons, and SS's controls had a bit of a learning curve to 'em that could turn off players... None of 'em are bad games though... Will you or anyone like every Zelda game ever? Probably not, but to outright claim that any of 'em are bad games is just as bad as me saying that, *insert FPS here* is a bad game simply 'cause FPSs ain't for me.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#74ferval100Posted 12/3/2012 1:04:35 AM
Don't worry, Nintendo will make up for it with the 30 Zelda games that will most like come out.
---
We are the imagination of ourselves. - Bill Hicks.
http://youtu.be/u3X5f3gY4iw - THE MAN! (Guy Gamer.)
#75Tyrant_WeskerPosted 12/3/2012 1:06:31 AM
Man, it's as if a bunch of people didn't even try to figure out the controls in SS or something. Within the first hour, I'd gotten used to them just fine, and I had no problems with them from then on. You just have to remember that the remote's position when you first start aiming an item or go into first-person view is considered the neutral position. As long as you're pointing the remote at the TV before doing that, you'll never have any problems with the controls.

There's a bit of a learning curve, sure, but the controls are simple and really add to the fun if you just put in the effort to understand the system. Still, I understand that it just isn't for everyone, and that's fine. Just don't act like the game is terrible and sucks simply because you didn't care for it. There are lots of good games that I don't like for various reasons, but I still recognize them as being good.
---
"G-gotcha... friendio! Leave it to us... m-mate!" - Melia, Xenoblade Chronicles
#76themoth2112Posted 12/3/2012 1:11:18 AM
I don't really mind for motion controls but the gameplay saroundings it I hope evolves.
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#77banzaiheilPosted 12/3/2012 1:14:06 AM
johnluke728 posted...
nedrith posted...
it didn't seem t want to cooperate half the time

AXKSION
same

For Pete's sake, try actually calibrating the WiiMote when it tells you to on-screen, it might, gasp, actually be scary-close to accurate; Link's wrist even twists with yours for crying out loud! It's incredibly flexible, I only had problems getting him to stab sometimes. Other than that I was pretty blown away by how well the sword moved.

Seriously, don't make me link to that official tutorial video of a six-year old little girl playing Skyward Sword, like a boss.

Go ahead and link to it. I'll link to Miyamoto playing it on stage at E3. My experience was a lot closer to Miyamoto's, but as I said in another topc, the controls aren't even why I think it's a bad game.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#78CrimsonGear80Posted 12/3/2012 1:19:43 AM
this is the worst trolling i have ever seen.

go back to your casual pewpew ShooterStation 3 board

No. I enjoy letting you know how wrong you are.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#79TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/3/2012 1:24:46 AM
I could tolerate motion controls in the name of Zelda, but that's just it. I had to tolerate them, and it felt like a chore to reward myself with the experiences. Looking at the Wii games I have on the shelf, the two Zeldas are the only ones that are motion-intensive. The rest all support classic controllers or holding the Wiimote sideways and playing it like a normal game...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#80TheRatedR_ViperPosted 12/3/2012 1:30:25 AM
Skyward Sword was fantastic
---
Latest movie review: Silent Hill: Revelation- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZWrIc5aLA + Cloud Atlas- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZ2yfovyY0