Who else loves the gamepad?

#1ZodrynPosted 12/2/2012 9:15:50 PM
I'm sure a lot of people think the touchscreen is nothing more than a gimmick, but I actually benefit a lot from the extra screen. Sometimes I don't even bother to turn on the TV, depending on what game I'm playing (and I have a very nice 1080p TV). It's also been really nice when my wife needs to talk with someone about Christmas presents secretively; I just go to the next room and keep playing. Or there's the obvious option of playing on the gamepad while other people use the TV for other things.

Besides the opportunities for new kinds of gameplay, I've found that the gamepad is just very convenient. I didn't think these seemingly small things would impress me as much as they have. What about you? Do you love the new gamepad? Would you change it if you could?
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#2ReggieFilsAimesPosted 12/2/2012 9:19:46 PM
Of course I love the GamePad as it brings forth new ways of playing games that you've never thought possible on a home video game console before.
#3DQAbelPosted 12/2/2012 10:07:20 PM
my xbox is really upset with me.
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#4AstralFrostPosted 12/2/2012 10:11:39 PM
The gamepad is one of the best things about the Wii U and when we get some working games it will be a delight to play them on it.
#5ORANGE666Posted 12/2/2012 10:39:35 PM
The gamepad is 480p on a 6" screen and is a plain TFT LCD. I can't imagine myself playing on a screen a decade old. 720p LCD with full array led backlighting should have been the standard.